Birmingham Alabama

colincci

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I'm a newbie to BBQ but I ended up in Birmingham last week on business and thought I'd better check out some Alabama BBQ. Managed to try two places.

First, we went to the Full Moon BBQ. I had turkey and pulled pork with collards. The pulled pork was good. The turkey was better. I really wanted to try their brisket but the were out.

Personally, I prefer my own pulled pork.

Lots of folks recommended Jim n Nicks. I was a bit of a drive from where we were staying so we weren't able to get there. However, on the way out of town, right through security at the airport, there it was. A Jim'n Nicks. I must say, it was some of the best airport food I have ever had. I had the brisket and collards. The collards were awesome. A bit of burnt ends thrown in. The brisket was very good, but again, I think I preferred my own.

So for those in the know, where is the best BBQ in Birmingham? I may have opportunity to return there later this summer.

Colin

IMO Saws BBQs the best in Birmingham. http://www.sawsbbq.com

After that I'd vote for Dreamland BBQ #2.

I've been to Jim N Nicks and was not very impressed. Same goes for Full Moon BBQ. Do yourself a favor and check out Saws if you make it back to Birmingham.

Thanks for the info. I will definitely try and get to Saws next time.

Colin

Back