• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

cooking a prime rib roast like a steak. APL

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok, so Mr. Lang has been workin on some new stuff. Here is a video of what his new stuff is like. This is a reader who made this video following one of APL techniques. Im having a hard time watching them smash the rib roast down to a 1 inch thick mass. lol. i can see its purpose i think.. but isnt there an easier way?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeD4FoAh1Fg"]Charred & Scruffed - YouTube[/ame]

Why not cut into bone-in ribeye steak and be done with it?
That video is painful. Did he really beat on it with a rag covered golf club?
DAYYYUM!

LMAO! People will do anything to tenderize crappy meat I guess. :laugh:

It's a bone in prime rib/Rib Roast/uncut ribeye steaks!! Just cut between the bones and make STEAKS!! :doh: :cool: :twisted:

So that sheeples on the Internet will talk about your video and make you a star!!

Working--right??

TIM

Right up there with the two punks around here that be a llama to death - with golf clubs!!

After farking up a perfectly good roast he then proceeded to chunk it up and toss it around in pesto!?

OK, I quit! I will not check this thread again...ever...maybe! :biggrin1:

So you all feel the way i do. I was super confused. Now, for my sake of understanding, im buying APL's new book to see why or IF thats what he intended to do with the roast. Something tells me that APL did it differently and IF he did smash it down, it was strictly for experimentation purposes..... i hope.

So you all feel the way i do. I was super confused. Now, for my sake of understanding, im buying APL's new book to see why or IF thats what he intended to do with the roast. Something tells me that APL did it differently and IF he did smash it down, it was strictly for experimentation purposes..... i hope.

Here's a video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Knf4NVJjqc"]Adam Perry Lang Grilling Demo PART 1 - YouTube[/ame]

NOOOO HE FEEL AWAY TO THE DARK SIDE! Ok, ill give him the benefit of the doubt and say it is for show. haha

NOOOO HE FEEL AWAY TO THE DARK SIDE! Ok, ill give him the benefit of the doubt and say it is for show. haha

We'll, aside from actual merits of tenderizing and thinning out....along with the coolness factor that helps sell books

I saw him do this to a brisket in a competition back in 2006. He came in first place...

I wouldn't doubt it... just that guy trying to copy it in the first video looked totally ridiculous

yeah the coolness factor is pretty cool, only and when only APL does it, OR if any other person does, it, they do it the correct way without looking totally ridiculous. haha.

One benifit i see from what he was doing, besides trying to get more carmelization all over, is that you can thin slice it into nice pieces that then can be served ontop of salads, sandwhiches, or lil pieces of fried bagette bread.

So that sheeples on the Internet will talk about your video and make you a star!!

Working--right??

TIM

Exactly.
I've never been an APL fan.
He intentionally overcomplicates his cooks.

Back