Quick Lunch--Smash Burgers on the Retrofit BS griddle

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Took a day off of work to help my buddy who's hooking me up on a small electrical job on the house since the kitchen is getting remodeled. What's better than a quick burger for lunch right?

Some of you remember the 28" BS I scored and set the griddle top on my gasser. I got it going

lkkdDQhh.jpg

Two 4oz soon to be patties

Qu8Cws0h.jpg

Smash!!

qFs4E3gh.jpg

S&P

6BiaAA4h.jpg

Flip

u399troh.jpg

Toasted the buns

XkmSR0Xh.jpg

Gruyere and American

iXlrjuhh.jpg

Mayo, mustard, tomato, shredded iceberg and jalapenos

UXBO0YJh.jpg

How I like my cheese melted

eERbMteh.jpg

Fully assembled

jRkVxOVh.jpg

lXXmSCkh.jpg

Good!!

Kn2pgcGh.jpg

Washed it down with this :thumb:

cND9kzdh.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Is there a group to go to for griddle neglect? You're shaming me man! Good job.

Burgers look like they hit the spot, good luck on your renovation Sako.

After I'm done with our addition and patio, the kitchen and flooring throughout the home are next, final phase will be the Master Bath. :crazy:

Burgers look like they hit the spot, good luck on your renovation Sako.

After I'm done with our addition and patio, the kitchen and flooring throughout the home are next, final phase will be the Master Bath. :crazy:

Thanks Kevin!

Tell me about it. Was supposed to be the counter tops then I thought may as well replace the kitchen tiles, then came the flooring, before you know it replaced the lighting to LED, yesterday I got a nest thermostat and still growing. :biggrin1:

This made me laugh. Hilarious! First I thought, one 4oz patty for each of you isnt enough!

Lol I was cracking up when I read it also. Two 1/4lb patties per burger to clear things up.:grin:

looks awesome, its strange to hear you folks call them smashed.
Thats how most burgers are cooked down here.
You would fit right in

Farkin beautiful burger Sako, wish I could find a griddle to fit my gasser so it had a purpose

Sako, you had me at "Gruyere and American".

The rest is just over-the-top!

Best of luck with the remodel/handyman work!

My first thought was also "what, no food for the Buddy that was helping you out?"

I musta missed the griddle story. I kinda want one for my gasser, but she's on her way out, so better to wait and get something that fits her replacement...

I've never tried to smash. What's the point?

I've never tried to smash. What's the point?

Smashing the burger into a griddle so it sticks down and makes great contact to the surface of the meat. This insures a ton of maillard reaction to take place resulting in browned beefy goodness.

I'll have visions of this all day. Ain't nuthin like a great burger - very nicely done, Sako!

Back