Vertical offset build

That is a hell of a build.clean looking work.id buy one from you.lol:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Awesome thread and very nice smoker. :thumb:

You certianly did it right, beautiful smoker, incredible job.

Amazing job. A smoker like that needs a fitting name. What shall we call her?

Amazing craftsmanship. A beautiful cooker.

CAD file

So far, We have done three cooks with the new toy. When the weather is nice, temperature management isn't too bad, but when it's 24 degrees and shifting winds... well, I was bouncing from 210-280. Oh well, the pork butt didn't seem to mind!

Here's a copy of the CADLink file of all the parts. Any fab shop should be able to quickly make tool paths and cut all the parts necessary. This takes care of all the 1/4" stuff. The rest can be made from the following:

6 1"x1"x3/16"-20' angle iron
1 2"x2"x3/16"-24 square tube
1 4'x8' #9x3/4" expanded metal
1 pipe nipple to thread the ball valve on for the drain
1 3/8" pipe coupler cut in half for the two thermometer ports
1 1/2"x12" round bar for the flue damper rod.
1 1/2"x2" tube for the flue damper rod to pivot in

I hope someone can use it as is or tweak it to fit their needs. There's few things better than cooking food for your friends and family with something that you've made, no matter what it is. It's been a fun build that wouldn't have been as good without all the knowledge and info from here! Thanks again for all the help. :grin:

Attachments

• smoker parts.zip
    227.2 KB · Views: 100
Now The Question Is : would your metal fab buddy build one for a customer?

I'm sure he would! I've been away at work, so I'm anxiously awaiting getting into the shop to make the shelf for the front. Oh yeah, cook in it again too. :wink:

I'm sure he would! I've been away at work, so I'm anxiously awaiting getting into the shop to make the shelf for the front. Oh yeah, cook in it again too. :wink:

Oh Ya - answered in triplicate. :mrgreen: You guys Up North just got a lead on a BadAzz pit......

Back