Secrets are not my concern. Keeping them is.

keeperofsecrets

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello everyone. As a relatively new subscriber with a months-long habit of lurking (what is the saying? "Long time listener, first time caller"...), I thought I should step out of the shadows and say hi.

Hi.

My relationship to BBQ goes back to my childhood and teens in the 70's and 80's in the Hill Country of Texas. My dad was a cowboy - the real "ride the range" and "roundup" kind. I grew up on pit BBQ and Czech sausages. We moved to Kansas in high school and I was still around cattle. Now I am in Georgia and I miss my Hill Country BBQ.

As for the subject line...I work as an Information Security executive for a large company in the Atlanta area as my full-time gig. I am the "keeper of secrets"*, as it were. When I have time, I dabble in small-venue catering with my A1 Competition Smoker rig. I have been told that my brisket is as good as any joint in Texas, but I am sure that I am only as good as the top 25%. :wink:

*Who can guess the origin of that quote?

Welocme to the asylum!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

welcome. I'm sure your brisket is awesome!

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome for a fellow Texan. You got to miss the Hill Country. Remember the spring time and bluebonnets.

Welcome to The Brethren. The quote sounds like it's from the movie Serenity.

Welcome for a fellow Texan. You got to miss the Hill Country. Remember the spring time and bluebonnets.

I remember one spring drinking from Cedar Crick using an empty coca cola can after helping my dad and some of the hands fix a stretch of barbed wire and I remember the water was the coldest, best tasting water I ever drank. Memories get better as you age, but there was some magic in the hill country springtime.

Welcome aboard keeperofsecrets, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back