See ya in Memphis?

S

SmokeInDaEye

Just a quick roll call for any Brethren who might be cooking or hanging out in Memphis next weekend. I'm hoping to connect with Chris from iQue, as well as Sully, Lunchlady and whoever else from Lunchmeat will be down there.

I'm lending a hand in the pork shoulder category but hope to spend a good deal of time just seeing old friends and making some new ones. See ya next Thursday?

Just a quick roll call for any Brethren who might be cooking or hanging out in Memphis next weekend. I'm hoping to connect with Chris from iQue, as well as Sully, Lunchlady and whoever else from Lunchmeat will be down there.

I'm lending a hand in the pork shoulder category but hope to spend a good deal of time just seeing old friends and making some new ones. See ya next Thursday?

I'll be there with Jacks Down Home BBQ. I'm doing the peoples choice shoulders and brisket I think.

I'll be with Smoker's Anonymous Thursday and Friday. Work won't let me get down there for the entire week. I believe that we are doing the 'Anything But' Seafood category for them.

Yep, looking forward to it. Gus's Thursday night?

We'll be cooking in the Cattlemens VIP tent and doing to the seafood entry for the Bastey Boys.

Yep, looking forward to it. Gus's Thursday night?

We'll be cooking in the Cattlemens VIP tent and doing to the seafood entry for the Bastey Boys.

Gus's it is. I'll let them know we'll be coming by!

Heads up folks, not sure what the weather forcast is for next weekend but I know it rained a ton last weekend for the concert series so the grass is going to be pretty messy. Wouldn't be MIM without shoes full of mud, though.

flying in thurs. afternoon, staying somewhere right on beal...i'll be there with my brother and cousin, (wills brother, sadly will cant make thet trip but will be there in spirit).....looking forward to alot of bbq, alot of drinking and a tour of the gibson guitar factory!!! shoot me a pm with cells and whatnot and i'll do the same.

flying in thurs. afternoon, staying somewhere right on beal...i'll be there with my brother and cousin, (wills brother, sadly will cant make thet trip but will be there in spirit).....looking forward to alot of bbq, alot of drinking and a tour of the gibson guitar factory!!! shoot me a pm with cells and whatnot and i'll do the same.

Does Jack know about this?:shock:

I may be flying in Thursday to visit the wife's family outside of Memphis. Maybe a good excuse to look some brothers up that I would not normally see but also to get away from the wife's family.

I may be flying in Thursday to visit the wife's family outside of Memphis. Maybe a good excuse to look some brothers up that I would not normally see but also to get away from the wife's family.

What better excuse do you need?:mrgreen:

Amazingly, the weather forecast says it'll be sunny and 80 degrees Thursday through Sunday. There's still some mud down at Tom Lee Park but should be the nicest weather they've had in forever.

What better excuse do you need?:mrgreen:

Amazingly, the weather forecast says it'll be sunny and 80 degrees Thursday through Sunday. There's still some mud down at Tom Lee Park but should be the nicest weather they've had in forever.

We're getting a pretty big rain right now in Memphis. It'll be dry by the time the party starts big on Thursday. And the weather does look great! Better than any I've experienced on the river!

I'll be there with Jacks Down Home BBQ. I'm doing the peoples choice shoulders and brisket I think.

Brisket in pork country? See you down there, Steve, and everyone. Heading down first thing tomorrow.

Great weekend down here in Memphis.

I ended up helping Steve (YankeeBBQ) and Jack McDavid compete, but also got to spend a lot of time with a ton of other great folks! More to come later with pix but heres the results:

GC: JAcks Old South

Whole Hog: Jacks old south 1st, right on Q (2nd), Curly Tail smokers (3rd)...JACKS DOWN HOME BBQ in 8th (me and the boys)

Shoulder: Viking Cooking team, Sweet swie o' mine (2nd), porkscription cooking team (3rd)

ribs: pig pounda kappa, T-tail grillers (2nd), oinking on the river (3rd)

Peoples choice: Rribs ticklers, buckeye bbq (2nd, sharp smokers (3rd)

Patio porkers: 1st place Barefoot in the Pork

Great job Clint--proud of you!

Jack's Old South won MIM????
Gee, who would have ever expected that! :lol:

TIM

Great job Clint--proud of you!

Jack's Old South won MIM????
Gee, who would have ever expected that! :lol:

TIM

Yep. Three GC's for Myron. Luckily there was a huge Food Network crew with him all weekend to film it for an upcoming special. :)

Quite a thrill getting to walk on stage at MIM. Still waiting to see how we did in everything else we cooked Friday (beans, Steve's amazing brisket, shoulder, venison, thighs and hot wings). All those categories plus doing on-site judging for the hog wore me out!

Yep. Three GC's for Myron. Luckily there was a huge Food Network crew with him all weekend to film it for an upcoming special. :)

Quite a thrill getting to walk on stage at MIM. Still waiting to see how we did in everything else we cooked Friday (beans, Steve's amazing brisket, shoulder, venison, thighs and hot wings). All those categories plus doing on-site judging for the hog wore me out!

I'm told we placed 11th in chicken 14th in beef and possible 23rd or 24th in hot wings not sure on the other categories. I guess we'll find out sooner or later. Thanks for helping out Clint it was a good time.

Steve

I'm told we placed 11th in chicken 14th in beef and possible 23rd or 24th in hot wings not sure on the other categories. I guess we'll find out sooner or later. Thanks for helping out Clint it was a good time.

Steve

Not too shabby out of a couple hundred teams. Pics tomorrow.

Back