• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib roast

KORND4WG X

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Did this prime rib for a family dinner - my sister in law picked it up and I ended up smoking it on the M1. The bones were loosely attached and tied so I ended up removing them. Used an APL paste and glaze, then on the M1 with oak at around 250 for 2.5hrs before using the searing grate to finish.

2SwOu8jl.jpg

uHNwU0ll.jpg

RvoWNZRl.jpg

It was a special occasion as my mom and dad’s friends are moving and we had a going away dinner for them. No pressure :icon_blush:

Turned out pretty good although it could have used more salt for my taste. The ribs were the highlight and will probably separate from now on :thumb:

Beautiful cook! Are you saying you are gonna start separating ribs before cooks... as in precutting?

Beautiful cook! Are you saying you are gonna start separating ribs before cooks... as in precutting?

Thanks bro! Yeah we were counting on a bone-in prime rib but when I saw the ribs barely hanging on and having smoked beef back ribs I figured to smoke them separately. Removing them afterwards just doesn’t seem as tasty :p

:thumb:

That looks great! I like to keep the bones on, but the meat market I prefer also separates them most of the way and ties the roast back up. If I think about it I will order ahead and get one not cut, but sometimes I don’t plan ahead :-D

Thanks for the encouragement my brothers :thumb:

The semi-stressful part was my thermapen reading about 10-20 degrees higher than my smoke and MEATER, depending on where I poked :mmph:

Back