Weber Kettle Homemade Cart/Table

1081RMartin

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
HI Everyone,

Looking for a spring project and I have it in my head to make a large wooden table/cart to mount a Weber 22" kettle in. I have seen a lot of cool examples on the internet but have one question I have not found an answer to.

I plan on using a Weber Master Touch 22" model for the project. The main body of the grill has a handle tack welded onto it. If I were to try to mount the grill in a table it seems that the handle would really be in the way.

If anyone has made a cart/table for their Weber, what did you do with the handle?

Looking to do something like this:
fc58d019f87fe2ec1232c0baf1018160.jpg

Any responses would be appreciated.

I have seen the top routed out to fit the handles, even using the handles to support the kettle. Remove the plastic handle first. I've mounted several kettles, and I would suggest a larger airspace around the kettle than pictured. If you check out Weber's tables, they allow an air space between their plastic tables and the kettle bottom. Here is one I currently have.
HPIM1855_zpshbe5whk7.jpg

The handle is out of sight, but fits in the right angle of the frame to the left.

Each one I did was supported a different way, feel free to ask questions, I've seen a lot of other designs.

I really like the side burners on that cart pic you found. Does anyone know what it is?

Back