Pellet-fired Pizza Oven

That's interesting for those who enjoy the pellet life. I actually like the idea but concerned about the constant attention to the pellet hopper.

After a brief search I saw an interesting photo review from out of the box to assembly to cook on a different BBQ forum. Looks promising and it said the unit will exceed 800 degrees F.
Not sure if posting the link is allowed so I didn't.

It's fine, Guerry. You're posting it because it is relevant to the discussion, not to promote the forum.

I have a Weber Summit S670 as well.

My Pizza needs about 12 minutes with the Lodge Pizza Pan (Cast Iron)
Delicious crust and bubbling cheese on top. Works GREAT !

If you have a IR-Bruner with your gasser, try that the last few minutes additional.

Think you can save some money with this equipment

Last edited:
That's interesting for those who enjoy the pellet life. I actually like the idea but concerned about the constant attention to the pellet hopper.

Yeah, the tapping of the hopper bugged me, too, but it's not using any electronics to feed the pellets so I'm not sure how they could have gotten around that.

Interesting idea for sure, thanks for sharing. But I wouldn't spend (and don't have anyway) $325 for one.

Thanks, Guerry. I'll take a look through it.

Muebe did some mods to it as well. Look at page 5.
I commented in the OP's thread too, I think it's a nice unit.
I just haven't pulled the trigger yet...

I almost purchased that instead of the Black Stone.

Couple guys already sold it, as they didn't like it. They were having issues with black soot and baking the pizza even.

I also didn't like that the biggest pizza you could is 12 inches, I think. Some people that's not a big issue for. I like baking pies 14 to 16 inches.

One guy maybe selling his on the pizza forum.

The pies on the other bbq forum look better than other pies I saw coming off it.

I have one, i would suggest to just get the blackstone...

I love the flavor, but it is very difficult to get the bottom to cook at the same rate as the top.

Any questions, i'll answer to the best of my ability.

Eric

My wife and I have been looking to get a wood fired pizza oven and looked at this thing a bit too. I want to be able to do a little more than just pizza in one so this was thrown out. It looks like it does the job, but a bit wonky if you ask me.

I think we've decided (at least I have) on a Millar's wood fired pizza oven. Anyone ever say that cooking outside is expensive?

I have one, i would suggest to just get the blackstone...

I love the flavor, but it is very difficult to get the bottom to cook at the same rate as the top.

Any questions, i'll answer to the best of my ability.

Eric

Thanks, Eric... I saw your posts on the pizza forum.

Two things intrigue me with this unit...

1. The size - It easily portable
2. Pellets - I happen to have about 650 lbs of pellets in my garage :-D

But, if it doesn't do a great job and has ash issues then that's a problem.

The Blackstone is propane, isn't it? I'm probably not buying anything, but if I were to buy I would think that I would want something that would add some wood flavor to the pizza. I also saw mention of The Mighty Pizza Oven which goes onto a gas grill. For me, assuming that the results are the same between that and the Blackstone, would be a better choice since I don't have a lot of deck space left :rolleyes:

Have you looked at the prices of wood fired pizza ovens? If this thing worked well it would be a bargain :-D

Well, you have me there. And I wouldn't need to fark with a permit, or JULIE or easements, and the like.

I'm still toying with a modified frankenweber pizza cooker....when it warms up I'm going to start.....if that ever happens....:pray:

I find the idea quite interesting, and the price is a sticking point, but...it's wood fired after all and comparatively affordable. If it cooked evenly and was not so single purposed...

Back