500 Gallon Reverse Flow Build

AWESOME job Speers. She's beautiful!

Uh, oh! Gotta go. Wife just drove up. She told me if she catches me looking at pron an the internet again, she's gonna leave me.

Hold on. Maybe I should rethink this?

2 out of 3 cooking racks built, ran out of metal so the third will have to wait.
picture.php

Couple thermometers installed, and you can see I have a little touch up to do.
picture.php

It is ready to season tonight, will get it fired up after supper and slowly ramp it up to 350+

Wow, just outstanding! I gave this thread an excellent rating a while back and you sure came through! The doors with the internal flashing look great, very clean. I be it's gonna cook better that it looks.

Slowly ramping up right now, left gauge reading 245, right gauge reading 240. Just about ready to throw 3-4 splits on to see what we can do!

That internal flashing looks so good. I have to stop looking at smoker builds. I keep seeing great things I want to build into mine. I'm totally stealing that idea. That is a great looking smoker. You obviously know what you're doing.

great great build and thread! Just read it after looking at today's cook. If you ever want to try an offset vertical I am your guinea pig!

Just a couple of things to finish up and this build thread will be complete. Got my lights and brakes wired up. Thanks again to Paul for the light boxes and lights, such a clean look and really easy to install.
picture.php

Then I installed the compression latches on the cook chamber doors. I only snapped a pic of this one, there is one of the other side as well. Please excuse how dirty it looks, I haven't gotten around to cleaning up from my first cook!
picture.php

Only a few things left to do: weld anti-tips on the cooking rack slides, build the third rack (need to purchase more metal), install some bracing for the exterior shelf.

Last edited:
Installed the anti tips tonight, thought of one more thing I need to do. Install the safety chain, should only take 10 minutes or so. Might knock that off the list tomorrow evening.
picture.php

picture.php

After cooking on the Beast several times I decided I needed to add a bottom shelf support, the shelf is so long that once you add a fair amount of meat it starts to sag a little in the middle. Which makes it difficult to slide the rack in and out.
picture.php

Congrats man! What a great job. It looks pro for sure. What a monster cooker!

between this build and the ones that aaron franklin has are just awe inspiring in how much meat it can hold! good job sir!

Back