All the griddle talk...i.e Blackstone etc..

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Getting jealous of the griddle cooks but I got to thinking why not put my gas grill to use which i haven't used in years.

I saw these on Amazon and they get pretty good reviews. It will fit perfectly on my charcoal/gas combo grill...also I could use it on 2 other cookers.

Anyone here using them?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Little-Griddle-SQ180-Universal-Stainless/dp/B000HQHBSQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437529197&sr=8-2&keywords=little+griddle&pebp=1437529208106&perid=0N8D2RMY2262VJMDQT44"]Amazon.com : Little Griddle SQ180 Universal Griddle for BBQ Grills, Stainless (Formerly the Sizzle-Q) : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31pJIneNZBL.@@AMEPARAM@@31pJIneNZBL[/ame]

I have one - it does not compare to a real griddle.

You need density in the steel to not draw all of the heat out of it as soon as you put something on it. Even with the Blackstone, it's not overly thick. You get what you pay for with a griddle and I would not use anything less than 1/8" thick.

Trust me. If the Blackstone is too pricy, get a two burner outdoor stove and a Camp Chef griddle. It will give you the same results as the Blackstone, just less capacity. I have both, use both and have no complaints. I also have the one you linked, I never use it. Been there, done that. Decent for pancakes.

I asked about these a few weeks ago - most said stay away from stainless as it doesn't helst evenly but that the steel ones were pretty decent.

TonyBel had one given to him a few months ago and he liked it so much he bought a whole Taco Cart!!!! :shock:

I'm gonn get one for my gasser soon.

I have one - it does not compare to a real griddle.

You need density in the steel to not draw all of the heat out of it as soon as you put something on it. Even with the Blackstone, it's not overly thick. You get what you pay for with a griddle and I would not use anything less than 1/8" thick.

Trust me. If the Blackstone is too pricy, get a two burner outdoor stove and a Camp Chef griddle. It will give you the same results as the Blackstone, just less capacity. I have both, use both and have no complaints. I also have the one you linked, I never use it. Been there, done that. Decent for pancakes.
Thanks good to know. It does get really good reviews and not expensive so i might try it if other than to get more use out of my gas grill.

I am curious as how it would do on my BPS when i bring the basket up to grilling level because that gets way hot.

Edit: All the videos look good too so what the heck ... I'll report back how it works because i'll use it over charcoal and wood grills too

Yea after watching all the outstanding Blackstone cooks then looking at $ vs how much I would really use it, I've decided to make my own; 3/8-1/2 plate for the griddle, 1/8-1/4 for the side walls and 1/4 X 2 or 3 inch angle for the drain.

I've been looking at these, too. I just don't have room for a standalone griddle but something that fits on the gasser would be nice. If anyone finds ne that is worth looking at let me know!

For the price, why not just get a Camp Chef griddle and hang the grease trough over the front of your grill ?

Yea after watching all the outstanding Blackstone cooks then looking at $ vs how much I would really use it, I've decided to make my own; 3/8-1/2 plate for the griddle, 1/8-1/4 for the side walls and 1/4 X 2 or 3 inch angle for the drain.

3/8" or 1/2" plate is to thick for the griddle will take forever to heat up...1/4" is ideal for griddle surface...1/8 or 3/16 for sides and drain.

I bought one last year for gasser...intention was for smashed burgers...used it once...decent but a lot of heat loss once lid opened and food placed...then my wife thought she was doing me a favor and thoroughly cleaned it,:doh: goodbye seasoning!...I may have to get it out and play with it again

The Blackstone is cool but I have a three burner propane camp stove with a cast iron griddle that covers two of the burners that works great and I have the versatility of have a burner also. Got it from costco over five years ago the ones that I've seen there lately the cast iron is a lot smaller.

I contacted little griddle inquiring about the thickness and performance. So a little less than an 1/8 but stainless and has a cross brace on the bottom. Mostly i'm gonna try it over a fire on my wood burn grill and Big Poppa...once in a while on the gasser so we'll see.

Thanks very much for contacting Little Griddle. Our SQ-180 griddle is manufactured from 14-Gauge stainless steel, which translates to about 5/64 of an inch. I’m not sure what other manufacturers use, but we have been using 14 Gauge steel in our products for many years with great results. They key to our products is even grill heating, which warms the griddle and the air above and below it. I would suggest having a look at our Amazon reviews, which give a pretty good indication of people’s experience with our products. Both of these are 14-Gauge griddles:

I have one. I've used it 20+ times on my Hasty Bake (lump). It's not bad but not as good as a thicker, non-stainless steel griddle. Also, it's not very big so you cannot cook too many things at once. It does have a cross brace on the bottom but mine still warped (but still usable).

I'm going to buy a Blackstone similar set-up and relegate the Little Griddle to my camping griddle.

I have one. I've used it 20+ times on my Hasty Bake (lump). It's not bad but not as good as a thicker, non-stainless steel griddle. Also, it's not very big so you cannot cook too many things at once. It does have a cross brace on the bottom but mine still warped (but still usable).

I'm going to buy a Blackstone similar set-up and relegate the Little Griddle to my camping griddle.
Ok good info. I know the hasty gets way hot so contributed to the warp? Did it warp bad? The directions say 300-400* or something like that?

I need something to fit on a Weber 22.5 or even my 18 so it can't be that big

Ok good info. I know the hasty gets way hot so contributed to the warp? Did it warp bad? The directions say 300-400* or something like that?

I need something to fit on a Weber 22.5 or even my 18 so it can't be that big
Yeah, probably got way too hot (over 500F). The warp isn't bad but your weber may get too hot as well? But sounds like the size will work for your setup.

Back