Review of the Assassin Grill

Smokin' Greene

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Here is my Assassin grill.
IMG_2559.jpg
It finally arrived on 7/8, but I was out of town. I got home late Saturday, and brought it to my house on Sunday. Sprayed her down with PAM, and seasoned for 4 hours and then cooked burgers.
IMG_2561.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg
IMG_2570.jpg
I will keep adding to this review, which has not even start later. Just got a call I have to go, but here are som epictures for your viewing pleasure.:biggrin1:

Nice!!!! Wish I'm really diggin these but no more room to park in the backyard. :bekcy:

Really liking this cooker. Thanks for the pics.

I want one! I think it would go beautifully with my Assassin 28:-D Looking forward to more pron.

Awesome!! I've been waiting on the reviews!

Looks like a quality cooker for a good price...looking forward for the cooks.

As y'all can see I made a few changes, I did away with the side shelf and had a 12" (instead of a 10") removable front shelf. I did not want the wood trim, but I wanted a bottom shelf so expanded metal on the bottom.

IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2564.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg

One of the features that I really like is there is a place for the water pan or heat deflector pan to be stored.

Pull the cooking grates out and take a picture pointing down to the water pan then the Charcoal pan. :thumb:

Last edited:
Nice larger upper cooking area.
IMG_2567.jpg

Plenty of room on lower cooking grate.
IMG_2568.jpg

One of the thing I don't love is the piano hinges. I am just not a fan. They like to seize up, but I will keep them lubricated and well used.
IMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg

1st cook was burgers, I loaded with a chimney of charcoal and let it burn down for about 4 hours, and then I loaded with another chimney to cook the burgers.
Temperature shot up with one full chimney. There will be a learning curve. During the seasoning process I put the water pan in as a heat diverter and it lower the temp on the thermometer by about 100*. It is going to be a very versatile cooking machine. Hot and fast, direct, indirect, low and slow, water or no water, adjustable cooking heights, two levels of cooking.
IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

I'm thinkin with a charcoal maze and chunks distributed throughout it would cook a pretty good brisket Butts & Ribs......

Back