Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin at the Track - Shenandoah, VA Sept 20-21, 2013

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I know there was another thread with questions about this event but I wanted to start a new one to see who is competing.

Smokin-n-Style will be there for our second pro comp ever. We will be the ones with a little 5x8 Uhaul trailer. Stop by and say hello!

Teamfour- we will be competing. Look forward to meeting you however, if I remember you were vending sauces last year?

Would you indulge me and bring your Grizzly Sausage Stuffer and meat grinder? I'd like to look at it as I'm looking for some sort of stuffer. I've tried my Kitchen Aid Pro 600 and it still struggles.

We had plans on making this event, but, it is not going to work out.

Best of luck to everyone!

wallace

We had plans on making this event, but, it is not going to work out.

Best of luck to everyone!

wallace

Thats a drag. But maybe a have a shot in brisket now.

Teamfour- we will be competing. Look forward to meeting you however, if I remember you were vending sauces last year?

Would you indulge me and bring your Grizzly Sausage Stuffer and meat grinder? I'd like to look at it as I'm looking for some sort of stuffer. I've tried my Kitchen Aid Pro 600 and it still struggles.

Nope I don't sell sauce. Never been to this event. Remind me via PM a few days before comp to bring sausage stuff. I will also bring some andouille to sample.

Teamfore (what is your name?) My apologies...I thought I remembered seeing your Smokin-N-Style logo last year. This will be our first time cooking here, we judged last year.

Would love to sample some Andouille!

Thats a drag. But maybe a have a shot in brisket now.

Heck, when I get in the top 3 in ANY category, CONSISTENTLY, then I might be a worry to somebody. Although the brisket did taste really dog-gone good yesterday.....

To be honest, I could have sworn our brisket would not even get in the upper half of the entire contest.

I thought our chicken was good and you can see where we ended up there. :cry::cry:

wallace

To be honest, I could have sworn our brisket would not even get in the upper half of the entire contest.[/COLOR]

It s a cr@p shoot every contest. At Bluemont we thought we cooked the worst brisket ever but finished 13th out of 33. Go figure.

You're probably thinking about Sweet n Sassy BBQ. They won People's Choice pork last year.

Oh and DegĂĽello BBQ is in. We kind of don't have a choice, but even if we did, we wouldn't miss this one. However, this year's lap around the track will be much less entertaining for Andy, Joel and Erin, Neil et al because THIS year Bruce the Shark will be towing the Yellow Submarine.

Hey Kit- did you lose anything from your rig before we caught up to you leaving Palmyra and your door was open?

KCBS Teams that have entered:
Makin Bacon BBQ
Mission BBQ
Gooney Creek BBQ
Bellwood BBQ
Late Empire
Grand Slam
CXB BBQ and Eats
Zombi Q
JD's Smokin Misfits
Smoketastic
Smokin-N-Style
Dequello

Anybody know what kind of payout is planned?

Pop Pop's is in. I'm kind of hesitant though, the last time I was in Page County was the early 90’s and we were chased onto the highschool baseball bus by a bunch of crazed hillbillies. Stop by and see us…..I will be the one with a fake mustache.

Anybody know if there are regular bathroom facilities? Wife isn't wild about outhouses.:icon_blush:

Don't know if they have changed or upgraded, but, they only had a few porta-pottys last year in the competiton area, and those were supposed to be designated for competition teams only. But, by Saturday around 2:00pm, everyone was using them.

One of them had a really squeaky door and we were right behind them. So, of course everytime someone used that one (all night long) we heard it. And the door slammed shut!!!

Overall, nothing that would have kept us from going again this year; too many other things going on right now.

It ain't bad.

wallace

Anybody know if there are regular bathroom facilities? Wife isn't wild about outhouses.:icon_blush:

They do have regular bathroom facilities there ... they are just a little bit of a trek. You have to walk across the track, and up the hill to the grand stand area. About a 5 minute walk. But they are there and available as I recall.

Back