Themometer

Larred

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just wondering what you all use for monitoring internal temps Looking to buy something. What is good what is bad

You want to monitor it the entire cook time or just something to check at that quick moment?

To monitor a cook I like and have had good luck with the iGrill. Just remember bluetooth devices have a limited range. For instant checks, Thermapen.

A Maverick ET-733 or 732 for continuous readings. Thermapen for instant readings.

Want to monitor without opening I see them on here but can't find names of each. Also where to buy

I use a Maverick ET 732 to monitor grate and food temps, another bonus is you can set alarms be it pit temps to high or low and a food internal temp alarm, I ordered mine on Amazon.

Remotes only used Maverick primarily

River Country for pit temp

ManLaw in mini...glow in dark

Javelin Pro instant read

I use the iGrill 2, but am less than satisfied with the bluetooth range. I like the graphing feature, however.

I use Thermoworks DOT and Thermapen. I don't think they make anything bad. It's rare to see a competition cook without a Thermapen.

Another vote for a maverick and thermapen. Get extra probes for the maverick

I grill 2 does have a not so far bluetooth distance however if you have an apple watch you can double the distance with staggering your phone in the middle. Temps will display on the watch for quick reads while in the pool holding a beer.

Back