Vortex wings

Newguy15

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I am a first time Kettle owner, charcoal grill actually. Been back yard gasser for quite some time. Walmart made it hard for me to turn down a Premium kettle. I slapped a venison bottom round roast on there for first meal. What deliciousness. I ordered a Vortex and had family so pumped up with hopes of nice, crispy wings, I hoped the Vortex would help me deliver. Deliver it did. I know this thread is useless without pics. I apologize, but we were hungry and I only got one picture. I am very pleased so far with my kettle and especially an alternative to frying for crispy wings, what a treat. Going to try a pork butt next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
No useless threads here when speaking about the vortex. The pictures are already in my mind.
Same here. Those of us who have gotten the Vortex know exactly what you are talking about. Best wing cooking tool ever invented.

There's no doubt the Vortex is best thing I've spent money on in quite some time. Best wings I've ever eaten and I cooked them myself :)

Excuse the ignorance, what is a vortex my brothers??

Ok I just watched a video....interesting toy.....thanks guys...

You can also make one by finding a stainless steel bowl of the correct size and using a cutoff wheel to remove the bottom. I did that and it works great. Set me back about $11 from the local Ace hardware store.

Back