Stuffed Chops

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been pretty busy lately, but finally had enough time to grill today.

Maple, jalapeno, and chicken sausage stuffed chops with a honey-butter glaze. Cooked indirect (400-450F) on the kettle to 140, then reverse seared (quickly) over hot lump. These were delicious! Salty and savory, with a touch of sweet.

IMG-20141022-00357_zps332bd2c1.jpg

IMG-20141022-00359_zps59005aa6.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.

The honey-butter glaze is what really set these things on fire imo. I melted ~1tbs of butter and mixed in ~1/2 tsp of honey. Brushed on 1/2 way through the cook on top of the dry salty crust that was already developing. The reverse sear hardened/browned the glaze and it was like a kettle corn pork chop (but less sweet). I highly recommend trying it on your pork chops.

Can't wait to eat the last one for lunch tomorrow.

HMMM! I wonder how this glaze would work on some baby backs? Normally don't put anything on my BB's, but that was the first thing I thought of when reading and looking at your post. I have had some BB's that were glazed with some sweet sauce at a restaurant, and they were quite good. :idea:

Blessings,

Omar

Sounds delicious. Didn't look stuffed in the first picture, glad you posted the second picture too...

Looks tasty. Need to experiment with stuffed chops.

Them look mighty fine! Love some nice thick cut stuffed chops.

Nice job!

I'm just guesing here, but with an IT of 140* was the sausage stuffing precooked?

Those look and sound real good!

KC

Yes. I took the sausage out of the casing and into a skillet with the diced jalapeno. Once the sausage was cooked through I threw in a little maple syrup and tony's, then let it cool down until I could handle it.

I would never cook a pork chop to 160-165 on purpose.

Back