Need sauce and dry rub recipe

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My mom is considered pre-diabetic and she probably shouldn't be eating my sauce or my dry rub. Pork is fine she said but nothing on it. Anyone got a bbq sauce recipe and dry rub recipe that would be safe for her to eat? Thanks

Lots of rubs have no sugar--whatever you like, just leave the sugar out.

Vinegar or mustard-based sauces should be fine since they don't have a bunch of sugar. Avoid anything with ketchup, that's pretty high sugar content.

Worst case, all meat tastes good with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion plus some smoke. That's how we do it in TX.

I found the file and it's just 169 different rub recipes. Thing is the only way I could get it to open is send it to myself in a email. They are 53 pages total and it's oblivious I don't know much about computers. I"m working on it. Send me an email if you want the file to bhightower65@gmail.com then you can view it , print what you want or download it. It's on a data stick from my old computer. Might be why it's giving me trouble

Just send me a email I'll share the document with you.

Last edited:
BBQ Rub

Ingredients 4 Tbsp Morton ® Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
3 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Chili Powder

Shack Attack Vinegar sauce

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1 Tablespoon (TBS) Paprika
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt
2 TBS Yellow Mustard (French)

Mix well, let sit for at least 24 to 48 hours before serving for best results. Run it through your blender on high for 2 min makes 1 pint

I emailed Jacob and got the file from him and i've attached it to this post. Thanks for sharing, Jacob!!

Chris

Attachments

• 196_Dry_Rub_Recipes (1).doc
    180.5 KB · Views: 15
Back