Sams club local contest

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This weekend we were forunate enough to win our first grand at a local sams event. My question is I asked if they had paperwork for the royal he said no that they would get it to me. So should I call the royal tomorrow and see if I can get paperwork or wait to see if they send it.

The royal is July 1 to July 1. You are qualified for next years invitational

Congrats Shannon on your 1st GC! The paperwork must be signed by the organizer so I don't think calling the Royal will help. When we won the Des Moines local last year I think they sent it by mail to me.

Do you know if there is a Blanket Proclamation in Mn as far as the State Championship? You may want to contact some one at The Mn BBQ Society to find out. http://www.mnbbqsociety.com/mnbbqsociety/ Also check the dates for the qualifying period for the royal. It used to be the end of july to the end of July . So it may be in this years Royal. Either way Congrats and see you in Rockford.

It's a July 31st cutoff for The Royal (and starting next year, for The Jack as well) so still on this year's plan.

Sam's policy is that they don't do any qualifier paperwork. Generally this means it's not a qualifier for The Royal since The Royal requires the verification from the organizer.

Sam's doesn't get proclamations either, which The Jack uses, but if you win a Sam's in a state with a blanket proclamation it will count.

I'm almost 100% certain I'm right here - but maybe someone can tell us if they got into The Royal from a Sam's Club local.

On the other hand, you GC'd an event with some big money, and your heading to the regional which doubles the money paid. Good luck!

I could have swore the KCBS rep said last week that if you won, it would go towards next years Royal being July 1- July1. My bad if I gave out false info

It's a July 31st cutoff for The Royal (and starting next year, for The Jack as well) so still on this year's plan.

Sam's policy is that they don't do any qualifier paperwork. Generally this means it's not a qualifier for The Royal since The Royal requires the verification from the organizer.

Sam's doesn't get proclamations either, which The Jack uses, but if you win a Sam's in a state with a blanket proclamation it will count.

I'm almost 100% certain I'm right here - but maybe someone can tell us if they got into The Royal from a Sam's Club local.

On the other hand, you GC'd an event with some big money, and your heading to the regional which doubles the money paid. Good luck!

Here is the 2015 American Royal paperwork....

28th Annual American Royal World Series of Barbecue®
Invitational Contest Qualifying Information
Saturday, October 3, 2015
Qualifying Period: July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015

I had a win this past weekend and the Royal paperwork provided to me was for the 2015 Royal, cutoff for this years Royal was June 30th.

Looks like they changed it .Last time we were eligible it was end of July . Anyways congrats.

I think they moved the dates up this year. From end of July to first of July. More time to plan

Big congrats from me and all of us here on your first GC!
Had a feeling this was going to happen for you soon and was very happy to see it.

Congrats also to all the other teams that advance to the next round.

Does not look like this was answered from question from Coz: yes, MN has a blanket proclamation for all our contests.

Really happy for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Coz
I just feel honored you all called me before anybody else, including your family. I am so happy and thrilled for you...Shannon i just hope you let Angie and Kylie go up for awards this time :lol:

Back