• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

FEC120 Delivered, first cook-ribs

TailGateJoecom

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well, got my FEC120 delivered today and even the miserable rain we are having here in NYC couldn't keep me from throwing something on. I've only got 10 days or so to practice before the BBQ Battle in DC, so today was ribs.

Sorry for crap pics, will shoot better ones next go around..

stluisspares1.jpg

stluisspares2.jpg

stluisspares3.jpg

stluisspares4.jpg

Wanted one of those bad boys a long time! Very jealous. Enjoy!!

havent seen one of those up close yet..

wheres the firepot?

There is an access door on the bottom back corner on the right side when you are looking at it. One of the main reasons I went with the FEC120 over the FEC100 is the removal of the firepot from inside the cooking box. Much less chance of flameup.

Did you run the FEC 120 in the rain or was it under cover? I'm curious as I just bought one and wondered if it caused any issues. I'm keeping mine out of the rain but in case it rains over night some time I'm wondering if it will fry any of the electronics?

Also, I did a biscuit test and found the top shelf in the back burned them while the rest of the cooker was perfectly golden brown. Have you found the top back to cook hotter too?

Well, it will definitely be making an appearance near Jax on Amelia Island in August for the Great Southern Tailgate Cookoff, lol.

Nice!

If I am recovered from miserably gone bad back surgery by August I will be wheeling my FEC-100 up to the Amelia contest as well. If I ever upgraded my FEC-100 it would be to the 120. Beautiful cooker!

Very nice, and even though the pics of the ribs aren't the best, they still look awesome!

Also, I did a biscuit test and found the top shelf in the back burned them while the rest of the cooker was perfectly golden brown. Have you found the top back to cook hotter too?

I have yet to do that, gonna do it this weekend.

Did you run the FEC 120 in the rain or was it under cover? I'm curious as I just bought one and wondered if it caused any issues. I'm keeping mine out of the rain but in case it rains over night some time I'm wondering if it will fry any of the electronics?

It has seen some rain. The hopper seems sealed pretty well. What I have done is take a garbage bag and just put it over the hopper and pull down to cover the control pad. But I can tell you it has seen the rain naked and no issues.

Well, now that I have used the fec120 for a month and competed in my first comp using it, I am happy to say I love it! Have not had any issues at all, it puts out great que, and by taking away some hassle, I am using it way more on a weekly basis than I ever did with my WSM.

I will be using it at the Battle of the Brethren if anyone wants to come check it out.

So no issues in rain? I was told by dealer to not run it in the rain as it could cause components to get wet and it will void the warranty on it.

Back