"Winter Que" Great Bend, KS

G

GratefulSmoker

Anyone know if they are going to have this event again next year and if so what the dates are?

It will be Feb 13-14, with a weather date of Feb 20-21, and they are working on a website for the contest.

It will be Feb 13-14, with a weather date of Feb 20-21, and they are working on a website for the contest.

A weather date??? That's the whole idea for Winter que! ha ha ha

We had blast last year out there. Probably goin' again.

Thanks for the dates Greg. I have heard it's a great event. Just did our first comp a few weeks ago. Great Bend will be our next probaly.

Thanks for the dates Greg. I have heard it's a great event. Just did our first comp a few weeks ago. Great Bend will be our next probaly.

We didn't cook the contest last winter, but we have cooked the contest there in the summer the last 4 years. Kent Romine is one of the best organizers around! We are planning on going to winter q also in '09.

Winter Q Going On!

I am a member of the committee working on the Winter Q contest in Great Bend, KS. We had a meeting last night to go over a lot of info to make this an exciting contest. Many ideas are being discussed and there might be some side action happening. Currently there will be a judging class on the Thursday before the contest, then Friday evening an hors d'ourves contest. Several other activities have been discussed, when more detail is available I will pass it along.

Everyone is welcome to join us, there will be some public activities Friday evening, so even if you don't cook come for the fun.

David
Great Bend, KS

Back