Grillin on the Bay

T

The Anchorman

Attached Images
attachment.php

From left to right,Smokeindaeye The Achorman Captin Bob Pigmaker23

Thanks for the pic Smokeindaeye, but he is not one of The Anchormen, he is to tall and thin!

We had agreat time, Fun Contest, and it was well run. Thanks go out to Backyardchef, and the other organizers, to YankeeBBQ, Dave, and Nancy for repping the contest. The one comment that I really want to comment on is the turn in times, Loved the 45 minute intervals, should be that way for all NEBS grilling events. It took a little more time for the Judges I am sure, but it sure helped the cooks. The positive results was that the awards were still given in a very timely manner. Props to you guys for that.
P.S.
Smokeindaeye can you some how edit this so it shows the pic and not a link when opened.
Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Here ya go! From left to right,Smokeindaeye, The Anchorman, Captin Bob, Pigmaker23

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun...............congrats!!!

It was a Blast.
Lots of people to say hi to.
Great Showing to Ribs With In, Smokeindaeye, Q-Haven, Fat Texan, Notorious BBQ, and more. Had fun with the Purple Turtle gang.
Bob got himself a new Gasser, cause as you know I just bought a Webber Genesis B Platinum on Craigs List.
BTW who donated the Gasser? Thanks from Captin Bob!
The Porkslab was Good and cold!:smile: Loved the Bagle in the morning, with a schmere of cream cheese.:biggrin:
Thanks to all for the Thank You Bag, I used the Spicewine Bluecollar BBQ sauce on left over chicken this afternoon that I grilled on the gasser. Susan (Wife) loved it, also the grilling sauce was used on left over salmon, she loved that also:grin:.
Fun Fun Fun!

Glad you liked it!!!!!

Yes, thanks Jay for the sauce! I still have some from my order so gave it to Wine & Swine who has been wanting to try the spicy pear for a while. And I get to try out some Dizzy Pig and some Blues Hog (thanks Todd!) dry rubs.

Yes, thanks Jay for the sauce! I still have some from my order so gave it to Wine & Swine who has been wanting to try the spicy pear for a while. And I get to try out some Dizzy Pig and some Blues Hog (thanks Todd!) dry rubs.
When you get a chance...get some of Plowboy's Yardbird bub.....good chit!!!!:biggrin:

Love to try some "bub".:icon_clown

I'll have to beg Todd to bring some when he comes to NYC this week. I'd love to break the top 10 in chicken next time and sounds like its a good start! (11th yesterday)

Here are some pictures from the contest. My niece, Loren, her fiancée, Steve and Steve's buddy Scott are forming their own team and cooked yesterday. They came in 4th under the Lost Nation name, I couldn't be prouder. Steve has been by my side for the past 3 years and Loren has been my garnish queen. We'll go against each other in Yardley, it will be great.

http://www.lostnationvt.com/brooklyn07.htm

Congrats, Ray...

The grill was donated by the good folks at Char-Broil.....

It was great to see Loren and Steve do so well after they came and judged last year. Got to talk to them a little and watch Steve take good care of their Meadow Creek. It's like a mini version of Marge....

Congratulations to the Anchormen, and Matt and Rob for running such a great contest. It was a great time for me and the rest of the Hill Country crew. It is a shame the event is already at Max capacity, as I know next year it will fill up even faster.

Back