Home Depot and Lowes Veteran's discount

dcimike125

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Mike
Might be off topic but stocking up on the Home Depot and Lowes KBB sale, Veterans that have a valid VA photo ID card that is marked "Service Connected, POW or Purple Heart" enjoy a 10% discount every day. Veterans that do not fall into those categories get 10% on Memorial Day, Independence Day (4th of July) and Veterans Day with proof of service. CT offers driver's license renewal with an icon on the license to prove service.

With the current KBB sale, $9.88 really means $8.89. Every penny counts towards meat. 10 two packs gets you one for free :clap2:.

I cant speak about the other major retailers but I know Walmart doesn't do this :frown:.

Might be off topic but stocking up on the Home Depot and Lowes KBB sale, Veterans that have a valid VA photo ID card that is marked "Service Connected, POW or Purple Heart" enjoy a 10% discount every day. Veterans that do not fall into those categories get 10% on Memorial Day, Independence Day (4th of July) and Veterans Day with proof of service. CT offers driver's license renewal with an icon on the license to prove service.

With the current KBB sale, $9.88 really means $8.89. Every penny counts towards meat. 10 two packs gets you one for free :clap2:.

I cant speak about the other major retailers but I know Walmart doesn't do this :frown:.

Not sure about the Lowe's and HD you shop at, but the ones here in Oklahoma give ALL veterans 10% ALL the time. Trust me I use that benefit often!
My understanding is that's how its supposed to be everywhere. If your local stores dont honor that I would be making a phone call to Corporate if I were you....:becky:

I never knew that... thanks for the info! I know it's not a discount, but Home Depots in WA State have Veteran/Service Member parking up front. I've always appreciated the gesture of respect.

I constantly take advantage of the discount. Orielly auto and autozone also offer discounts to any military. Hey, we have to keep the meat transporter tuned up right?!

At the HD I go to, it depends who the cashier is. Some give it everyday, some say the same rule you say.

At the HD I go to, it depends who the cashier is. Some give it everyday, some say the same rule you say.

Home Depot is on my bad list currently.....They wouldnt give me the 10% on Weber products saying Weber wont allow them to sell cheaper than a stated price. Went to Lowe's and got the 10% (off a $400 weber grill) no problems.

Here HD doesn't but Lowe's in the area always does. We have a brand new Lowe's opening in August, most in town can't wait. Our HD has a reputation for pathetic customer service, well deserved.

Here HD doesn't but Lowe's in the area always does. We have a brand new Lowe's opening in August, most in town can't wait. Our HD has a reputation for pathetic customer service, well deserved.

That must be a heck of a drive up here to CT. I thought my local HD sucked wind :mad2:.

Lowes here gives a 10% discount to vets. But you cannot use your state Ag tax exempt at the same time. Go figger.

Back