Back to being burned out and need ideas

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So for the foreseeable future no more ribs, pork butt, pork loin, chuck roast, brisket etc...the normal bbq staples.

Help me out with what's left, I need to get more creative. So far I'm thinking of...

(all cooked outside)

1) Sausage, brats etc...
2) Hamburgers
3) More griddle cooks like fried rice
4) Various stuffed peppers
5) Fish and seafood cooks- maybe some grilled shrimp thrown in there.
6) Veggie pizzas
7) potato skins
8) Gazpacho (then cooled in fridge)
9) Stuffed mushrooms
10) Grilled pineapple
11) Bacon wrapped cukes and zukes
12) Chicken breasts
13) Maybe wings- but need a different flavor than regular hot sauce
14) Swiss steak
15) kabobs (roti style) Thanks Pete
16) Salads with steak/ chicken
17) Meat loaf

Last edited:
I like to do some kebabs.
My wife is a big fan of chicken and pineapple. I usually do chunks of steak wrapped in bacon with onion and mushrooms... And sometimes I commit the sin of putting BBQ sauce on the kebabs to finish them off...

Rotisserie chicken, smoked leg or shoulder of lamb, pork shoulder done differently greek style (aka Kontosouvli), pizza, griddle stir-fries....

I am sure i will come up with a few more.

If you have the Blackstone griddle out.........Get some green apples, cut up in slices - I like wedges not sliced but either would work. Shake in a bag with some brown sugar and cinnamon then lay down some butter on the griddle and add the apples........A little vanilla ice cream and you are in heaven.

Bake stuff. Breads, cakes, pies etc. Might wanna stick to lump and not sticks for most of it though. Dare ya to spin a souffle!

Pastrami, bacon, strombolli, smoked nuts, smoked stuffed cabbages, blackened fish or chicken, tandoori flavored chicken or lamb, cheese stuffed meat balls, grilled ratatoullie, grilled cordon bleu, Korean BBQ recipes....I also recently saw a deep dish pizza with a crust made out of meat instead of bread!

I would say look at the BBQ Pit boys recipes, they can give you ideas too.

Spin some haggis.
Hmmm not spun of course but just not sure I'd dig any haggis. I'd try it though!

Bake stuff. Breads, cakes, pies etc. Might wanna stick to lump and not sticks for most of it though. Dare ya to spin a souffle!
You'd be surprised, Sticks for it all! (another secret) :bolt:

Back