• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mojo bricks

johngolds

Reaction score
Picked up some comp. Blend and mapple. How many do people use and what kind of smoke and flavor do they produce.

I put one on top of my burner in my pellet cooker. Works well. You'll see them on the BBQ circuit as well.

I keep hearing about these, those of you that use them do you find them better/easier/more convenient than using real wood? Do you notice a better flavor?

I keep hearing about these, those of you that use them do you find them better/easier/more convenient than using real wood? Do you notice a better flavor?
The wood in Mojobricks is no difernt than the wood in a tree or in a wood chunk. Its all the same wood Mojobricks are simply using the wood shavings and dust and pressing it. There is no binder. Its pure wood. Typically you use alot less and you get more smoke flavor with less. Its the most consistant smoke flavor easy to use. Once you figure out the smoke profile your in - its easy.

I won some from BBQ Santa. They are good. Used with the snake method on my 22.5 kettle. I like them

I use Mojobricks in my Kamado ( one brick will do in a Kamado for pork butt or briskets) One mojocube will work for chicken and ribs. In a pellet cooker use one just on the edge of the firepot for added smoke. I use one in my gasser for added flavor as well. When in competition, I use two Mojobricks per hour until I get the desired color usually 4 -6 hours when using my Assassin gravity cooker. I cook competition chicken on an Assassin extended grill, and use two Mojocubes.

They are EXTREMELY clean burning and pure wood. They are consistent in size and consist in product. You can't go wrong! Adjust the amounts needed, based on your smoke preference and cooker style.

Back