Backwoods Smoker Covers, where to buy

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm a bit out of the loop these days. Who would be the go-to, for getting a cover for my Party G2? I know I can buy direct, just wondering if a better deal is out there somewhere.

I bought a $15 cover from Home Depot that was for a grill and it wasn't a perfect fit because it was actually a little too big, but worked great. So if you don't want that 100% custom fit there are options at the normal stores.

I bought a $15 cover from Home Depot that was for a grill and it wasn't a perfect fit because it was actually a little too big, but worked great. So if you don't want that 100% custom fit there are options at the normal stores.

Thanks for the response, but I really do prefer the manufacturers custom covers. I know they are overpriced, but I appreciate the fit and branding. Some are definitely better than others, can anyone give any feedback on BW quality? I hate spending money on crappy covers like MAK provides, but it is what it is I guess.

Thanks for the response, but I really do prefer the manufacturers custom covers. I know they are overpriced, but I appreciate the fit and branding. Some are definitely better than others, can anyone give any feedback on BW quality? I hate spending money on crappy covers like MAK provides, but it is what it is I guess.

Stay with the manufacturers' cover, especially if they fit better, etc. For the difference in price between it and aftermarket, you can take your family for dinner at McDonald's. Yank yank...

Not loving the vinyl, I've had back luck in the past.

Stay with the manufacturers' cover, especially if they fit better, etc. For the difference in price between it and aftermarket, you can take your family for dinner at McDonald's. Yank yank...

Yeah, OEM typically provides a better fit, but not all use quality materials.

Cowley Canyon Sales. The owners son is a member here. I have one for a Humphreys pint but he can make them for anything.

I got a quote from them, pretty much the same as OEM...do you have experience with their product?

I bought a OEM cover from Backwoods with my gater 6ish years ago. Very good quality, it is a little loose, but that could be the short squaty nature of the smoker. I imagine the taller party would have a better fit. My cover has held up well.

I bought the cover direct from Backwoods for my Fatboy. Great quality and perfect fit. Plus they are good folk and we should support small business. World doesn't need any more crap from China (sorry rant over ) :)

I bought the cover direct from Backwoods for my Fatboy. Great quality and perfect fit. Plus they are good folk and we should support small business. World doesn't need any more crap from China (sorry rant over ) :)

Thanks for the feedback, looks like I'll be calling in my order this afternoon.

I bought a cover from Backwoods when I bought my G2 Party. I was really impressed with the quality. Soft material on the inside and zippers in the front for ease when taking the cover off and on. I know it's a little pricey, but I've been really happy with it. Just my 2 cents.

Just to follow up on this, I ended up ordering from Backwoods. Their covers are no longer the heavy canvas type, but a heavy duty, fabric lined vinyl. Nice quality, easy to install/remove with the zippers. I'm happy with it, and hope is can deal with the sunny summers.

26904019573_63f1e7522e_c.jpg

Group shot of the big boys, on the east side of the patio.

26902864514_b3864e8fa6_c.jpg

Bought 2 new for the "Twins" Backwoods Fatboys directly from Backwoods. Couldn't be happier except for the one the rodents chewed into this winter to eat acorns and keep warm...

They do a great job!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Back