Cornell Chicken made different

Pstores

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So I made up some Cornell Chicken Marinade. But laid back alittle on the salt.
And add some Oakridge Beef and pork. As well as some Santa Maria... Ummmm.... Going to be interesting how it turns out.

This is very very good...... only thing I'll change is alittle less salt. I did cut it back. Will cut it back more.

Attachments

• IMG_2670.jpg
    IMG_2670.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 193
This is why I wish recipes would list the type of salt. Table salt can be almost twice as salty as kosher by volume, and most people only have table.

Well, the original recipe is back from the 50's. Did they even have kosher salt back then? :noidea:

Good looking chicken. I agree about the salt. I've changed all my recipes to Kosher salt and use low sodium ingredients. It's amazing how much salt is in your food.

Yep, I am not a salt guy. I did use Kosher. Problem was adding the other seasonings. Didn't know how much to compensate for that. I was close. Going to decrease next time on the Kosher salt.

Great looking chicken, thanks for sharing the results.

I used a light glaze of that sweets cooking sauce. A mix of mild and hot. Was just about perfect then. The sweets cut the saltiness just right.

But Kosher salt wasn't marketed outside of the Jewish community until the 60's.

But Kosher salt wasn't marketed outside of the Jewish community until the 60's.

It used to be called pickling or canning salt, too. My grandmother used to use it all the time for sauerkraut making. By the way, kosher salt gets it's name from it's use for koshering meat to draw out blood, not because it is "kosher".
To get back to the thread subject, tastes change and most people are used to less salt in their food, or are cutting back for health reasons. As you posted above.

Back