logo

Pork Burnt Ends are Fatastaliscous.

So what is the protocol here? Did you cook the butt whole to a slicing temp then cut it up, re-rub and back on the smoker?

I might try this for a party appetizer, but I don't want to wing it if I don't have to.

Those look killer and yeppers they are afarkinmazing :heh:

I had 2 10 lb BoneIn Butts and cut them 60/40 so the 40% was Boneless and put all 4 in Smokers at 250*ish. I removed the 2 smaller boneless Butts when they hit 174* and 178* and thick sliced then chunked them, sprinted more Rub on and popped back into the smoker in pan till the other 2 Butts were ready. I did drizzle them with sauce for last 30 minutes.

So what is the protocol here? Did you cook the butt whole to a slicing temp then cut it up, re-rub and back on the smoker?

I might try this for a party appetizer, but I don't want to wing it if I don't have to.

YES exactly and drizzled sauce for last 30-45 minutes.

I saw a method one time cant remember where but you take one butt and do a circular cut and basically flatten out the butt to one big rectangle. maybe try that

Looks farkin' awesome. Gotta try this! Thanks for posting.

The epic thread Marubozo had his new
Q joint selling burnt ends like crazy.
Now I know what it is, and I WANT ONE!!!!! ok.. 10.

Jeremy is selling burnt ends off brisket points-best tasting meat on the planet. This however looks crazy good, will have to try.

Back