Mini WSM Appreciation Thread

My creation

14+-+2

2014-06-14_10-06-36_364.jpg

oh boy, i might just bite the bullet and pay the crazy cost of getting a 32 quart steamer. For some reason these pots costs an arm and a leg up here in Canada!

Good thing I got the Smokey joe used for 10 bucks!

I just finally built my mini a couple of days ago. Cooked on it held steady at 235-255 F for well over 8 hrs easy. I finally went to bed got tired of waiting to see how long it would take for the temp to drop.

Attachments

• 20140625_163152.jpg
    20140625_163152.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 20140625_202110.jpg
    20140625_202110.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 210
oh boy, i might just bite the bullet and pay the crazy cost of getting a 32 quart steamer. For some reason these pots costs an arm and a leg up here in Canada!

Good thing I got the Smokey joe used for 10 bucks!

Try to find a 15 gallon barrel. I just scored one for free. Will be adding my pictures to this post soon. Going to work on it this weekend.

Decided to do some experimenting with paint on the mini yesterday. Still need to do the lid but I like the gloss black accents instead of the aluminum look.

The color is VHT burnt orange metallic in case anyone is wondering.

I decided to add 2 handles to the base/bowl sides just below the grate radius to make moving mine around easier. Works great, easy peasy.

Well my other mini went to a good home. Sooo.. I had to build another. This time the pot did not fit all that tight ( leaked like crazy) so I used the lid attached to the bottom of the pot like others. Welded on some handles for easier grate removal. Elbows/magnets for intakes. No HOT ashes getting out during any cook.

Not a Weber but still a mini

Its a Brinkmann but it came with an ash pan. No need to drill or mess with the intakes.:clap2: The Lid is a little awkward to hold but other than that it works great. Handles on the bottom sides make it easier to carry when hot vs my Jimmy. Got the Brinkmann portable for $9.
BrinkMan Mini Flipped.jpg

Is black iron pipe ok to use for adding side intake vents on a SJS, or do I need stainless(same for a ball valve)? If SS, where do you guys get it at?

Well my other mini went to a good home. Sooo.. I had to build another. This time the pot did not fit all that tight ( leaked like crazy) so I used the lid attached to the bottom of the pot like others. Welded on some handles for easier grate removal. Elbows/magnets for intakes. No HOT ashes getting out during any cook.

Can you give more info on your elbow vents? What size and material list did you use? Looks great.

A little more appreciation for the mini. You can expand it's capability by removing any diffuser, laying rebar on the top of the pot and hanging food also...ala Pit Barrel cooker. Lid simply sits on the rebar, use your intakes like normal.

It can hold quite a bit.

Ex
Try to find a 15 gallon barrel. I just scored one for free. Will be adding my pictures to this post soon. Going to work on it this weekend.

Finally posting a pic. I actually forgot about this thread. Sorry about the sideways pic,. First time posting from phone.

Attachments

• 20150523_203645.jpg
    20150523_203645.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 230
Back