• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Best Pit You have Cooked On ?

Maybe not the best, but the one that taught me the most, patience included was my Brinkmann SnP offset. Fire management, temp control, and how to mod a pit and get the most out of it.

Maybe not the best, but the one that taught me the most, patience included was my Brinkmann SnP offset. Fire management, temp control, and how to mod a pit and get the most out of it.

I'd have to agree with you Bob. I learned more about how to cook on my cheap offset than anything else. When someone asks me what they should get when they want to LEARN how to cook, that is my recommendation. Heck, anyone can make good food on a great pit, but to turn out good meals consistently on a cheap offset is a sign of skill.

Sure did. I dont even click on these things until page three.

Good point, but unfortunately this thread hasn't been Donnieized yet and is still in Q-Talk.

That looks EXACTLY like a Jambo J-3.
I see a couple of very subtle differences, but man....talk about a copy cat....

Not that I know anything about Muscrat. I'm not saying who was around first and I know that Jambo's aren't patented......

Yup it's a Clone. Every bit as Good for $1200 less and no 6-9 month wait.
1 Month from Day you Order. :mrgreen:

A trench dug into the ground and filled with wood cooked down to coals and covered with a length of chain link fence

My fav is the offset in my pic off to the left. A friend built it for me, and it makes the best BBQ I'v ever eaten.

I like the Pitmaker Vault and the Shirley reverse flow offsets. It's the two I ended up purchasing when all was said and done. Both are great pits.

I like the Pitmaker Vault and the Shirley reverse flow offsets. It's the two I ended up purchasing when all was said and done. Both are great pits.

Two Good Choices!! Let's see pics!!

I have tried lots of pits but for the last 14 years for me, for the money, it's a Weber kettle. I love my WSM but I mean a kettle will, with a little more effort do everything I want to do I mean you can't go whole hog unless you got a ranch kettle but still. Butt, yes brisket flat yes, turkey, yes. whole chickens, yes. kettle fried chicken. wanna grill up some steaks? well it's a grill, ya know. Not only that it's light weight. and I've even cooked slabs of baby backs and meat loafs and fatties in a smokey joe with no mini WSM mod. And if we're talking the JOE, specifically there IS the mini WSM mod out there.

Back