• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

For those guys looking for a dome lid for your UDS.

Diesel

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Thought this was to good to pass up without telling this forum... I went looking for a cheapo grill that I could sacrafice for the dome lid instead of paying for a weber. Well I found a BBQ pro 22.5 round kettle grill online for $49.99,I figured it would give me extra parts if I needed also.
I called my local sears and they said they only have this 22.5 grill for 19.99 and they had 3 in stock and thats all he could tell me.
I went for a ride and sure enough, Its a Round 22.5 kettle grill for 19.99. Im not sure if this price is for all sears but its worth a try.
The Sears # is Division # 671 Item #16310, BBQ pro 22.5 round kettle grill.
Hope this works for anyone looking for a dome lid.

That's perfect Diesel! I'm scheduled to go pick up a couple of 55 gal food grade drums tomorrow morning. Synchronicity!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check my Sears tomorrow. I'm also thinking that this is going to be based on whatever is availabe at each individual store but definitely worth looking into for that price. I have 2 extra drums that could use a lid. :thumb:

I really could not believe the price. The box is marked $29.99 but rang up $19. Im so tempted to go back and get another one just to have around or just add it to my cooking arsenal. Hope you guys have the same luck I did.

This is the one I purchased for $19.99. Try checking online first to see if you local sears carries them. item #07116310000
Looks like I had the wrong Item number In first post. actual # 07116310000

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07116310000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Last edited:
That's perfect Diesel! I'm scheduled to go pick up a couple of 55 gal food grade drums tomorrow morning. Synchronicity!

Sweet! I'm gonna check the local Sears here and see if they've got the same kinda thing going on. Thanks!

Sweet! I'm gonna check the local Sears here and see if they've got the same kinda thing going on. Thanks!

Sears in Hanover says they have 2 in stock and 2 in Lancaster mall if your close to that one.

Thanks for the lead Diesel, I need to help a friend with a drum build and was looking for a lid. He went to Big lots and they stopped carrying the 22.5 grill there..

They're still showing as $59 at my local. It seems that BBQ equipment never goes on "clearance" prices down here. I was at a Lowe's the other day, and they were selling 22" weber OTS for $99, isn't that over suggested retail?

They're still showing as $59 at my local. It seems that BBQ equipment never goes on "clearance" prices down here. I was at a Lowe's the other day, and they were selling 22" weber OTS for $99, isn't that over suggested retail?

Yes, they do show, wait 59? they were $49 yesterday anyway at the store they were $19.99 when rung up. I could post my receipt and maybe you can get them to do the same.

Used to work for Sears for quite a few years. Managed the Grills department at a Great Indoors store. If the price ends in .99 the mark down in store is LIKELY to be nation wide. If the price ends in a .88, then its on a clearance status, no more stock will be coming in and could vary from store to store. To me, it sounds like this price should be good at a lot of stores.

My friend ordered a 22.5 kettle from Sears for this very purpose. We couldn't ever get the lid to fit the drum, so we wound up using the flat lid and ended up with a very cheap kettle.

I checked with one sears today and they sold the last he told me making room for christmass stuff. And another one has 3 in store. Both said the sticker was $29.99 Gonna get one either way.

Sometimes you gotta turn the drum over to see if the lid is gonna fit. If it does then you have some welding in front of you....

Diesel could I get a copy of your receipt? The Sears here that still has some said the price is 29.97 and thats as low as they go. He said he would match it for yours however he thinks you got yours at a scratch and dent sears lol. I would really appreciate it.

my best friends wife works at Kmart and they bought me this same grill for $7 about 3 weeks ago. all the sears and kmarts in my part of the world are now out. It works good for my UDS. just wailing to post photos

For $7??? No wonder they're all sold out. This is absolutely the way to go, if you're gonna do it. :nod:

Here is a picture of my UDS with the $19 dollar lid... :clap2:
Deadeye I sent a pm to you...

With a little coaxing with a hammer and pliers the lid fit just fine.

Tomorrow morning two turkeys are going in... I cant wait!

Last edited:
My Sears store still shows em at $59.99. Sometime living in southern AZ sux but not too often.

Back