Liquid Smoke uses

Is Liquid Smoke a reasonable ingredient

• Liquid Smoke's use is up to the chef--I will judge it fairly.

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • I avoid products with Liquid Smoke because I do not like the taste

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • I use Liquid Smoke when I feel it is appropriate.

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • I will not consume any product with Liquid Smoke in it.

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
I am interested in the Brethren view of the use of Liquid Smoke.

I have tried to present the full range of choices and hope to get some useful feedback.

I personally feel that it is a natural ingredient and the person developing the sauce, injection, marinade, or whatever is welcome to use it as they see fit.
The Marketplace will decide the results.

TIM

I use liquid smoke occasionally in soups, scrambled eggs & omelets, chip dips, tuna salad sammies, and when I bake fish in the oven.

I don't use liquid smoke on my BBQ. I leave the smoke flavor infusion to the wood smoke.

I have a bottle and use it once in awhile.

I do prefer the MSG enhanced Liquid Smoke though...

I use when I make my marinade for beef jerky. That's the only time it gets used around here.

I don't use it but do believe it is up to the chef. It sounds like there are some appropriate times to use it to get the flavor someone is looking for.

I've been known to put a wee bit in a pot of pinto beans, and never ever in my Q.

That's all I have to say about that.

I heard Harbor master uses it with Butter on his toast LOL made it home ok?

i dont use it because to me it taste like ash. Dont care if its in stuff though. Some products i find overuse it and i get that ashy taste.

I haven't used that stuff in over 40 years on anything that I have cooked. If someone else wants to use it that's fine, as long as it turns out the way that they want ..... more power to them.

I use it in my Beef Jerky marinade because I dehydrate it. For BBQ...I use real wood so no need.

I used it once when I grabbed it by mistake instead of the WD40.

Hey, it worked pretty good on getting that door to stop squeeking!!!

The Missus uses a little bit in her BBQ sauce (which she still won't let me see the full recipe for)

And, you have to try this, a few drops in the water when you boil cheap hot dogs. It's actually pretty dang good.

Back