Virginia/Mid Atlantic Brethren Bash

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been tossing around the idea of possibly hosting a Virginia/Mid Atlantic Brethren Bash at my house or another spot somewhere in Hampton Roads/South East Virginia. I think it would be a lot of fun to descend to 1 place and put the faces to the names. Also bring one or a few of our cookers each and put on have one helluva good tastey time.

Unfortunately I do not have a lot of space at my house so it would have to be done for a smaller crowd and outside if I was to have it at my house. Or we could look for at public parks around the area if we have a large amount of people that are interested.

So obviously this is just in the talk stages to see who would be interested in doing this. It is open to anybody willing to make the drive to the possibly the South Eastern portion of Virginia sometime in the spring or summer of 2015. So who would be interested in doing this and helping me get it organized?

As discussed in your other thread, I would be very much willing to help put this together. I too think it would be a heck of a lot of fun and it's always nice to meet people that you talk to all the time, not to mention did I hear someone say Q?

Let me know what I can do to help.

I'd be interested in that one.

Ive had 5 bashes at my house.. and the last one got way to big.. there were about 40 folks here between locals and out of state. normally that wouldnt be a problem, but it rained all weekend and we were stuck under tents and in the house.

Any local campgrounds that would accommodate.

I'd be interested in that one.

Ive had 5 bashes at my house.. and the last one got way to big.. there were about 40 folks here between locals and out of state. normally that wouldnt be a problem, but it rained all weekend and we were stuck under tents and in the house.

Any local campgrounds that would accommodate.

If it is a small bash (20ish people) I can probably host it at my house, although the party would definitely be spread along the back deck, inside the house, and outside front. Anything larger, I would probably need to look into a pavillion at a park, or maybe even a campground like you suggested.

There are 2 big campgrounds (KOA and Holiday Travel Park) in Va Beach that are only a few miles from the Oceanfront. I think it would be a cool place to have a bigger bash, as people could just camp instead of getting a hotel.

So now I know 2 people are interested, who else is in?! :p

I'd be interested too. The Texas bashes seem to work quite well at State Parks. I noticed that many Virginia State Parks have cabins in addition to all forms of camping and the regulations for adult beverages seem quite reasonable. I just looked quickly at First Landing State Park and Chippokes Plantation State Park as examples in SE Va. Maybe getting a pavilion and camping or cabins for those of us interested would work? I've subscribed to this thread to keep track of y'all's planning.

First Landing State park is definitely on the list to look at. Chippokes is a little ways off the highway IIRC, but is definitely on the list or possibilities.

I would be interested for sure. Being from the western part of the state it would be closer if it would be held in central virginia, say Richmond. And being on I-95 Richmond would be easy for our northern and southern brethren to attend.

Starting this spring/summer I could host it here at the brewery, but I know it is probably too far from eastern virginia.

I would be interested for sure. Being from the western part of the state it would be closer if it would be held in central virginia, say Richmond. And being on I-95 Richmond would be easy for our northern and southern brethren to attend.

Starting this spring/summer I could host it here at the brewery, but I know it is probably too far from eastern virginia.

I think having one at the Brewery would be really neat and great place to have it. I would make a weekend out of it for sure!

I see the benefits of having it in or around Richmond with the I-95 corridor as it is much easier access for non-VA residents and for VA Residents it is right in the middle of the state.

With it being in SE VA I could take on a majority of the planning and logistics of it all without needing a ton of help, and there is the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay for people wanting to make a vacation stop out of it. Along with places like Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown, and Busch Gardens along the way to get to Hampton Roads.

All have their benefits and depending on who wants to help do the planning and an area where a majority of those that are interested in coming would like to have it, it can be held anywhere in the state really. Newtoq said he would help plan/organize and he lives in the Richmond Area, I could look in the SE VA area and Shenco has a brewery he could host at, so the possibilities are viable for all 3 area's of the state.

Haha we are still almost doing that only now with a car and a SUV! This is awesome, Jason and I have been talking about a bash for a bit now and it would be cool to have one come together!

Shenco, I would love to see the brewery one day even if we don't bash there!

aawa i live in VB so I am happy to help plan any way i can

I'll definitel reach out to you and use your help!

Haha we are still almost doing that only now with a car and a SUV! This is awesome, Jason and I have been talking about a bash for a bit now and it would be cool to have one come together!

Shenco, I would love to see the brewery one day even if we don't bash there!

Heck I would drive up and see the brewery if we don't bash there!

So far we have a pretty decent interest just in this thread for a small turnout. I'll let the thread marinate and bump it every couple of days to try to see if anybody else is interested.

After the new year, I'll look into dates and places to have it depending on the interest shown in this thread.

Back