SYD's Spicy Grilled Pork

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Made some of SYD's Spicy Grilled Pork from the recipe HERE. This is a great Asian style pork that has a nice bite of heat. The main ingredient to the marinade is Gochujang, a spicy fermented chili paste. You can find it at your Asian market and it looks like this:

IMG_3416_zps9u5y8xvl.jpg

I started with a 4 pound boneless pork butt, but decided that was more than what we needed, so I cut it in half, and vacuum sealed one half for next time. I put the half for today into the freezer for an hour and then sliced it thin against the grain. I sliced one large onion (instead of two the recipe called for), made a full batch of the marinade, and mixed it all together. I put this in the fridge for about 6 hours.

IMG_3417_zps4zgih8rh.jpg

I heated up my gasser and got it set for two stage. Hot on the left with my grill pan over the flames, and warm on the right with a veggie basket to keep the cooked portions warm. I grilled the meat and veggies in batches until they were done and then moved them to the other pan to stay warm.

IMG_3418_zpsddc3wspf.jpg

When the last batch was finished, I dumped all from the grill pan back in and kinda stir fried it back to hot.

IMG_3419_zpsf6lhepgd.jpg

Plated over some steamed rice, with scallion onions and sesame seeds.

IMG_3420_zpsmdw7cki5.jpg

IMG_3421_zpsifvlfixb.jpg

If you like spicy Asian food, give that recipe a try!

Thanks for looking...

Nice Terry.. Sounds a lot like Daeji Bulgogi... Love that dish, and yours looks fantastic!

Nice Terry.. Sounds a lot like Daeji Bulgogi... Love that dish, and yours looks fantastic!

Yeah, the Korean wife mumbled something like that, but I was busy eating... :mrgreen: <kidding> I just asked and that's what she called it. :thumb:

Wow Terry, thanks for that post and lnk. Looks yummy and it is certainly on the to-do lst for the hear term:becky:

That looks as good as any plate I saw in Malaysia, and they are renowned for pretty dishes

That is quite that compliment Titch. Thank you...

Wow Terry, thanks for that post and lnk. Looks yummy and it is certainly on the to-do lst for the hear term:becky:

You're welcome. It's a pretty easy dish. Clean up of your grill pan, that's another story... :tsk:

Lord Have Mercy! That looks so good, I have to sign off now and eat something not half as good! :thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2:

Back