First Pork Ribs

Tiger862

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at Ribs without boiling first. Hopefully they come out tender and juicy.

Last edited:
What is your plan for the cook? Kinda looks like they could use more rub but that's just me....couldn't hurt to KISS the first time around.

Looking good so far - You've got a long way to go! Temp looks good, but I never trust those temp units (also it's farther away from the heat than the meat is, but that's tuning for later). Post some progress pics so we can follow along!

Lookin good so far. After today you'll never boil ribs again! :becky:

As for rub it was put on last night. Consisted of Brown Sugar, Salt, Black Pepper, Celery Salt and Red Pepper. Just what I had. Looked different last night before overnight in fridge.

I like to put rub on the ribs about an hour before putting them on So far very nice Hopefully you will never boil again

Lookin good so far. After today you'll never boil ribs again! :becky:

I concur captain.
I used to boil my ribs a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away until I learned how to slow cook them on my grill. Never looked back since.

Def gong to be better than boiled first. Looking good!

I also put the rub on the night before. Looking good, make sure you have some after shots.

Almost at the 3 hour mark. Any progress photos? :hungry:

He's gotta pull them out of the pot first....:biggrin1::biggrin1:

JUST KIDDING...just busting stones man....I would really like to see them, too. You're going to be blown away at the difference. You've now seen the light....

How will you check for doneness? I would be pretty confident at this point if I were you!

Bite

Looks great! Let's see bite test and cut rib side pics...

A nice thin layer of sauce,then let them glaze for 15 min's or so,and they would be even better. That's IMO,of course.

Looks great! Let's see bite test and cut rib side pics...

Best I could do with it falling apart. Used little apple at beginning then cherry chips about middle way. Wife don't like lots of smoke flavor. Great flavor.

Last edited:
They look awesome! :clap:
What do you think about boiling them now? Any difference of opinion?

Back