The Jaccard appreciation thread [emoji4]

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Figured we needed a new “appreciation” thread... lol.

Man, every time I use my Jaccard on tri-tips (among other things) I kick myself for the times I don’t. Melt in your mouth tender [emoji39][emoji39]

I know some are afraid of them... but I have never had an issue in all the years I’ve been using them.

Anyone else swear by the Jaccard?

6eb6eabf422055e27a90d2e7e58c465a.jpg

Last edited:
I am reluctant for the simple reason that bacteria (when present) lives on the surface of proteins. By using a jaccard, you are in effect injecting the surface bacteria into the interior of the meat, an area that may not reach the temperature required to kill it.

I certainly won't argue the effectiveness of the tenderizing ability.

I use mine primarily on boneless chicken breasts headed for the grill.
Fork tender, cuts the cooking time considerably, so it doesn't dry out.

I am reluctant for the simple reason that bacteria (when present) lives on the surface of proteins. By using a jaccard, you are in effect injecting the surface bacteria into the interior of the meat, an area that may not reach the temperature required to kill it.

Fear of contamination is definitely the #1 reason I see for people not using these. Right or wrong... I haven’t had 1 issue in probably 20 years of using Jaccards now. Totally get where you’re coming from though, and should the Jaccard ever backfire on me, I’m sure I’ll be in your corner :)

I ate dirt as a kid, so I'm probably immune to stuff like this. That said, I've never had a problem with it and plan to continue using mine.

Dont have one Have not seen them in the stores I go to They do make the food more tender

Pretty much any cut steak you buy at Costco and probably most other chain stores has been mechanically tenderized in this manner, FWIW.

Pretty much any cut steak you buy at Costco and probably most other chain stores has been mechanically tenderized in this manner, FWIW.

Yep, I know Costco does it... not sure about my local grocery stores. Seems I see more complaints then anything from people regarding Costco using this method to tenderize the meat they sell as they seem to fear it. Personally, I am a fan of it :)

I use mine often, after using it I scrub it with a brush and soak it overnight in bleach and water.

Thanks
Greg

I use mine for on pork loins for pork cutlets and for eye of round for chicken fried steak.

Funny coincidence. I have read several threads here about his device in the past year or so, and I'm an optimist. Bout to buy one. So if you dip the tips in soy sauce before you probe the meat, would it help with killing bacteria?

Hmmm. Nothing I ever thought about but now it’s on my radar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using one since they came out many moons ago... in fact lost a screw that they replaced no charge even though it was my fault! Excellent product and service :thumb:

I bought one and used it once, and then read what meathead said about them. I do plan to use it again in the future though.

I've had one for years. I've given one for a gift. Yes, I like 'em.

Chicken/county fried steaks are one of my favorite food groups and these work well for a home made version.

If you have an Academy Sports nearby they have good prices on them.

Back