Brisket - Using Thermoworks Smoke Thermometer

Ag76

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
http://blog2.thermoworks.com/2016/0...eature&utm_campaign=Dec2016-Smoked-Brisket-cs

Good article. I don't personally have the new Smoke Thermometer from Thermoworks (I have plenty of their other thermometers :)), but using the principles set out in this article will turn out a mighty fine brisket.

Newcomers to this site are always asking for help on brisket, and in my opinion, this article provides an excellent starting point. Adjustments to these principles can be made as one gains more and more experience.

Really good article - step by step.

I've been looking to get this Smoke probe but want to hear more evidence that the wireless actually does work over longer distances.

Really good article - step by step.

I've been looking to get this Smoke probe but want to hear more evidence that the wireless actually does work over longer distances.

I can leave my transmitter in my backyard, and walk across the street to my neighbors side yard, without losing connection. I can also go next door, to the opposite side of his yard, without issue (the signal is essentially going through 2 houses). If it does lose connection, it automatically reconnects, once you're back in range.

If you're contemplating one, I can't recommend it enough.

Matt

Smoke range

I can set mine up with the cooker out in the middle of the backyard on the backside of the pool. The remote can be on the bedside table in the bedroom which is on the farthest corner point in the house AWAY from the cooker. Works just fine.

Your mileage may vary.

Every house/yard/setup will be different. I am impressed with the range of the Smoke remote.

I cannot wait for the wifi module.

the Smoke is 100000000000000% easier to adjust temp alarms and otherwise setup as compared to my Maverick 733.

Perfect timing, as I picked up a 15# packer today, will be my first ever brisket! Good to know that it will stall for potentially a few hours around 150-160. That would have had me frustrated if I didn't read this article first!

And it will be my third cook with my new Smoke, love this thermometer!

Never have owned one been using maverick 732 for years works great never been a problem with probes I imagine thermo works will work just fine

Watching franklins videos it looks like he has an assembly line with almost identical bristkets are far as shape and weight so I'm guessing 203 degrees for most of them works pretty well for him because of how close everything is

Watching franklins videos it looks like he has an assembly line with almost identical bristkets are far as shape and weight so I'm guessing 203 degrees for most of them works pretty well for him because of how close everything is

I don't think that article was written by him.

Back