Pig Wing Preparation?

93_confirmed

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I recently picked up a box of pig wings from Restaurant Depot. I had to ask every employee in the meat section where to find them - no one knew what they were or whether they were in stock.

I see they're pre-cooked and the recommended cooking instructions say to bring them up to 140 degrees. What's the optimal method to prepare them? Do you guys treat this like a pre-cooked ham and smoke for an hour or two and glaze them? Do you use a rub?

Last edited:
I'd do them around 275 til 140. Still on my list to try but only way to get them is if you buy like a 10lb case. If I heard more people talk about them it might make me bite zee bullet:D

I'd do them around 275 til 140. Still on my list to try but only way to get them is if you buy like a 10lb case. If I heard more people talk about them it might make me bite zee bullet:D

I paid $50 for a 9lb box (split into 3 - 3lb bags). They look awesome!

I paid $50 for a 9lb box (split into 3 - 3lb bags). They look awesome!

Sounds like what GFS offers around here...That's just a lot of one thing for me and the wife. Although we entertain often. Maybe once football season comes around again.

Just did a pack of these last night, I just threw some rub on them, threw some smoke on em to bring them up to temp, then threw them over some charcoal w sauce. Man they are tasty and well worth the 50 bucks

A local pub had them on the menu TWO for $12 bucks, crazy.

I have never cooked them, but have eaten them. The guy that cooked them did not smoke them, just grilled them, and offered some different dipping sauces. They were great! When I saw they were pre-cooked, I wondered how they would be deep fried?

Eaten quite a few of these, never have seen them available.
Will definitely have to keep an eye out.

Can one of you folks post a photo of before (not cooked) and after when nice and yummy?

Thank you - have no idea what they even look like

How many in each 3lb bag? Trying to get an idea of how big they are?

Can you show a picture of the box? What did they call them at RD, and where were they?

Can you show a picture of the box? What did they call them at RD, and where were they?

I tossed the box but the brand is KC Wild Wings - Fully Cooked Seasoned Bone-In Pork Shanks. They're in the freezer section between the other pork products and chicken/chicken wings. The sign above them reads "Farmland Pork Wing KC 9LB".

I tossed the box but the brand is KC Wild Wings - Fully Cooked Seasoned Bone-In Pork Shanks. They're in the freezer section between the other pork products and chicken/chicken wings. The sign above them reads "Farmland Pork Wing KC 9LB".
Thanks. Been wanting to try for a while, may have to make the trip soon.

How many in each 3lb bag? Trying to get an idea of how big they are?

They’re actually pretty big. Think huge wing. If for a main, I’d say 2-4. For an app, 1-2. There’s quite a bit of meat on them.

PS...GFS on Golf Road stocks them.

Do you still have the receipt? If so is there a product code on it?

I've searched my RD online for pig wings, pork shank, wild wings and various other items and they don't come up. I also searched some of the NJ RD and they don't come up so I'm hoping there is still a chance that my RD carries them.

It's over an hour away so I'm not going to make a special trip unless I know they have them.
Thanks

Back