2018 Texas Fall Bash Planning

Kathy would you be driving or flying down for the Texas Bash?

Driving with my dog as co-pilot. I checked into the time needed for passports -- approximately 4 weeks to process and mail once received so that's not an issue. I'll get the photos done and ready for when I'm with someone official who's known me long enough to be a guarantor. Told my mom about it last night, she's quite put-out she doesn't get to watch Raffy for the ~3 weeks. Cute, eh? I'm going to plan some Brethren stops on the way (Tish, Chambers). The prospects are very exciting.

Might I bother you to bring along a six pack or two of Sleeman beer?
I'm told it was a favorite beer of a good friend who just passed, Little Steven.
I'd like to drink a few in his honor. Nowhere to be found around here. :mrgreen:

Eggheads should be toasted for sure. I live very near Caledon, I'm not actually in the city of Guelph, I'm in the country between Rockwood and Guelph Lake conservation areas. Full moons are beautiful, I hear the coyote packs howling to each other on either side of me. Makes Raffy get really quiet.

So I may have a calendar issue with 10-27-18.
It's not for sure and I will hopefully know in the next few months.
With that we only have 4 signed up to attend the 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash.
I know we can do better than that!!
So go ahead and put your name on the sign-up sheet in my signature line please!
You can always make moves, adds or changes anytime if you like. :mrgreen:

So I may have a calendar issue with 10-27-18.
It's not for sure and I will hopefully know in the next few months.
With that we only have 4 signed up to attend the 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash.
I know we can do better than that!!
So go ahead and put your name on the sign-up sheet in my signature line please!
You can always make moves, adds or changes anytime if you like. :mrgreen:

Sign up sheet does not work for me but I’m in for 2-tentative. That far out we could easily change dates. Reservations at Live Oak Ridge won’t even open until the end of April.

Sign up sheet does not work for me but I’m in for 2-tentative. That far out we could easily change dates. Reservations at Live Oak Ridge won’t even open until the end of April.
They might be taking them over the phone like the park does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dave you are signed up, 2 for "Maybe" :clap2:

Last edited:
Y'all let a Carolina boy attend this shindig? I'll bring a pretty lady and moonshine! Seriously though please put us in the maybe column. I mentioned it to the wife and she got excited since she's never been to Texas. We will know for sure later next week if she can get off. I can bring a double rack drum to cook some pork butts on. We will also stay at the state park in our travel trailer. Probably get there midweek if we can come.

Tried to add us on the sign up sheet but my janky tablet doesn't like it. Hope I didn't crash the sheet.

Last edited:
We'd be honored to have you attend our little bash. Maybe we'll finally have something decent to eat. :heh:

Edit: I added you guys to the maybe column.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OK Wendy and I both submitted our vacation requests today! Barring an act of God we will be there ! :thumb: Go ahead and put us in the attending column. I will cook some pork butts on the drum. Also plan on staying at Live Oak Park and will cooks steaks Friday night for anyone who wishes to stop by. I can find a decent steak to cook in Texas right?:doh:

Also will bring some good old SC mustard base sauce and vinegar and pepper sauce to give you a taste of SC. Also some leagal shine from a local distillery.

Sounds like we have several folks camping so will check out Live Oak Ridge.

Last time we tent camped was a Texas bash three or four years ago (peeps and family was our neighbors there).

Back