Boneless beef ribs brainlessly turned to meat candy

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
Many of you are aware of the boneless beef ribs [sic] they sell at Costco. I'm a sucker for these things. I know they're overpriced for what they are, but they are trimmed beautifully and they take absolutely no effort to turn into meat candy. I simply season these with my favorite (Foil Hat Rub), turn the tray over dumping them into an aluminum tray and put in the smoker. Is it a coincidence that they fit in the aluminum tray perfectly? Today the smoker was running hot, close to 300*, but I don't care. I come back about 5 hours later, dump a bit of sauce on them. Today I had a jar of SBR brown sugar that someone gave me and after a half hour, I have meat candy. The only problem is I have to fight the rest of the family off.

IMG_20170116_194129.jpg

I didn't dirty a dish or even get my hands messy.

Never seen these at my Costco will diffidently look closer. All I can say is WOW!

Gore I love it when you post your food pron Maybe its me but it has been a while BTW there is nothing you do that is brainless :thumb: Not to change the subject how does your daughter like college

Never seen these at my Costco will diffidently look closer. All I can say is WOW!

They're usually with the flap meat and look almost the same. I had one Costco employee tell me they were the same, but they are definitely not. I believe all Costcos carry them.

Gore I love it when you post your food pron Maybe its me but it has been a while BTW there is nothing you do that is brainless :thumb: Not to change the subject how does your daughter like college

Thanks George. I have made these quite a bit. I used to cook these directly on the grates, but I was never happy with the results. They improved greatly when I started using the foil pan. I think you probably are right. A lot of trial and error goes into it, but once I get the technique set, I try to make it as simple (brainless) as possible.

As far as I know my daughter is loving college. I say as far as I know because I only get a text from her every now and again, or more like a snapchat photo with a bit of text on it that disappears before my eyes can even focus. Whoever invented snapchat should be shot. It is a great relief for all of us. There was a huge amount of stress the last couple years, but after a month in school I think she realized that college is easier than high school, she has a huge amount of freedom and there are lots of people to do things with.

Man that looks good! One rule for me, I don't use BBQ sauce on Beef. But I've been real interested in trying burnt ends and stuff like this. I'll have to try it one day

Looks Tasty, I believe Costco here has them sometimes.
Might have to give them a Try

Gore- Ya gotta try that with pork "country style ribs". Like shooting fish in a barrel.

My kids will even eat it, so there's that. :p

That looks better than Stella Stevens body in the Blue Nightgown in Poseidon Adventure (1972). I'd post it but I am sure everyone can remember.

Many of you are aware of the boneless beef ribs [sic] they sell at Costco. I'm a sucker for these things. I know they're overpriced for what they are, but they are trimmed beautifully and they take absolutely no effort to turn into meat candy. I simply season these with my favorite (Foil Hat Rub), turn the tray over dumping them into an aluminum tray and put in the smoker. Is it a coincidence that they fit in the aluminum tray perfectly? Today the smoker was running hot, close to 300*, but I don't care. I come back about 5 hours later, dump a bit of sauce on them. Today I had a jar of SBR brown sugar that someone gave me and after a half hour, I have meat candy. The only problem is I have to fight the rest of the family off.

IMG_20170116_194129.jpg

I didn't dirty a dish or even get my hands messy.

Wish my family DNA would let me eat candy- dammit

Man that looks good! One rule for me, I don't use BBQ sauce on Beef. But I've been real interested in trying burnt ends and stuff like this. I'll have to try it one day

These are the only beef thingies I actually sauce. I've tried them with and without and they do taste better with.

Gore- Ya gotta try that with pork "country style ribs". Like shooting fish in a barrel.

My kids will even eat it, so there's that. :p

I have and they are delicious. They are like shooting fish in a barrel, except they taste much better. :thumb:

If you don't hear from her core she's having a good time

Yes, I know, and they will contact you if they need money. :thumb:

Brainless? I'm in! :whoo:

We should lobby for a Brainless BBQ subforum. I'm there!

Back