What kind of spray do you use to clean the outside of your BBQs/

Beerbecue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Eventually we all need to clean the outside bodies, handles, and knobs etc on our BBQs. I've tried sprays like 409 and whatever I can find around the house but none seem strong enough to do the job. What is the toughest degreaser/crud remover spray you have found for the job.

Several here have recommended LA's Totally Awesome from the Dollar Tree. I got some a couple weeks back and it works well and it is cheap.

That Awesome stuff works really good if you must clean.

My homemade gravity fed is painted with Rhino Liner so it gets wiped down with ArmorAll.

After each season, I burn out the inside and then pressure wash it inside and out. The seasoning stays in it but the gunk comes out. Then I have it repainted with industrial high heat black about every 5 years or so. I don't worry about spiffing it up too much other than that. I built it to be outside continuously and it has been now for over 10 years with no problems.

I don't clean my bbq's I eat them :razz:

As far as my grills, well as others have said. Rain.

Eventually we all need to clean the outside bodies, handles, and knobs etc on our BBQs. I've tried sprays like 409 and whatever I can find around the house but none seem strong enough to do the job. What is the toughest degreaser/crud remover spray you have found for the job.

Need to clean??? Don't think I haver ever felt the need or ever cleaned an out door cooker. Rain, snow, and high heat do the job just fine

Get an extra large can of Pam spray, and apply it while the pit is still Hot, and then wipe it down if you must. It will season it like a good cast iron pan and bring back that shine and protect the paint. Use it on the fire box also. It will turn the rain like it was treated with rain X when you get a couple of layers on it. If you don't rub it off after applying it while still hot, it might become sticky with repeated layers. Even then you are ahead of the game.

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

Dawn Power Dissolve if you can find it. I think WalMart carries it right now. $2.89 for a little blue spray bottle. Cuts through anything greasy...

Purple Power Cleaner From the Auto parts store be careful if ya git it on ya it will take off some bark if you don't rinse it off directly

Back