Chicken, turkey, ribs, porkloin, and sausage off set cook!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey hows it going? Today doing a mini gauntlet. I have Turkey breast split so it lays down. Two half chickens, One spatchcock chicken, 1 rack of baby back ribs. then I'll add a pork loin and home made bratwurst after while.

I'm running no water in the pans. Couldn't fit two side by side. So I had to set one on the bottom. I should probably run water in at least one of them. But It's all cooking fine. Not to worried about it. Just going to check the food and pull them when they are done.

IMG_1314_zpsmwow6sce.jpg

Last edited:
There's a chance I might be fixing the baffle or adding tuning plates to this cooker. The heat difference from side to side is soooooo different. The turkey is cooking at like 400 degrees. which is the back left. while everything on the right is 300ish.

Update: Added water to the bottom pan. Temps seem to be evening out. Not adding so much wood to the fire anymore. I think the temp differences are the initial start of building the coal bed. Things seem nice and steady the longer I cook and start adding less wood each time.

Last edited:
I say who cares about the temp differences. Things really start evening out once you start adding wood every 30-45 minutes. Seems like it runs hot until the coal bed is established.

Chicken and turkey is looking great!
IMG_1318_zpsadswzg1i.jpg

I think this will be my first time considering on not wrapping the ribs! They've been on for 2 hours.

IMG_1319_zpsayhd97l4.jpg

Food looks good, as long as you know the cooker you can use that to your advantage, Tuning plates probably wouldn't hurt though, i know from reading the LSG uses them.

Here's something to show the difference between left and right of the cooking chamber. I'm pulling the turkey breast off right now and I'm still cooking the spatchcocked chicken. It's reading 170! Hopefully I didn't over cook it. Juices ran out from my probe hole so I'm letting it rest. It should be fine.

IMG_1325_zpsoh1antou.jpg

Also added the sausages and the pork loin. It was just some pork loin already seasoned by smithfields. Didn't cost me anything so I'll try it!

IMG_1323_zpsgdhougxt.jpg

Here's the spatchcocked chicken, one half chicken (Friend and I ate the other half) and Pork tenderloin. More pictures to follow after the ribs are done.
IMG_1326_zpsdrqdeedc.jpg

Looks good!! Don't sweat the initial temp difference. Once the pit is ALL warmed up the temps equalize. It's a big hunk of steel so it takes time to warm up especially when it's a bit chilly. Though I must say that my LSG temp difference while warming up is no more than 50*.

The tuning plates def make it even top to bottom and left to right. Only thing I just now noticed is that your bottom shelf is way too low and close to the baffle. You may remedy that with water but I can't be sure as I never use water in my pit since I get pretty even temps. Besides the pit warming up first.

Looks good!! Don't sweat the initial temp difference. Once the pit is ALL warmed up the temps equalize. It's a big hunk of steel so it takes time to warm up especially when it's a bit chilly. Though I must say that my LSG temp difference while warming up is no more than 50*.

The tuning plates def make it even top to bottom and left to right. Only thing I just now noticed is that your bottom shelf is way too low and close to the baffle. You may remedy that with water but I can't be sure as I never use water in my pit since I get pretty even temps. Besides the pit warming up first.

Probably would be nice to add tuning plates at some point. I'm no longer that concerned about it. I followed the "Its done when its done". Didn't worry much about the temp differences. After things starting running good and the smoker did even out.

I am stuffed. Should I leave the Turkey breast whole or can I slice it and package it? Probably be for turkey sandwiches for the next few days

The proof is in the Food mate,looks good

Lookin' good.

How long was the pork loin on for? That really piqued my interest.

I love cooking alot of food like that.
Leftovers = awsomenesS

Every thing look mighty fine from here.Well done.

The proof is in the Food mate,looks good

I love cooking alot of food like that.
Leftovers = awsomenesS

Thanks guys, I haven't tried the turkey or ribs yet! We chowed down on that porkloin. It was pretty good for smithfields products like that. It was the rotisserie seasoned.

Lookin' good.

How long was the pork loin on for? That really piqued my interest.

I think the pork loin was on for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I pulled it when it read 160. It was very tender, good flavor. Normally don't buy the preseasoned stuff but it was gave to me for nothing so I had to try ti!

Back