Are my ribs ruined??!!

Mrtodd777

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Threw a slab of spares on the cabinet gasser and had them on for a couple hours before wifey and I decided to hit happy hour. I came home and my flame was out!! Basically the ribs were sitting in a cabinet full of unlit propane for an hour or so. I relit it as soon as I got home. Just wondering if they are bad now???

How long is "or so"?

I think you are probably OK - you don't know if the gasser went out when y'all did or 2 minutes before you got home. How cool was your cooker when you discovered the dead flame?

Finish cooking, then whoever had the happy hour idea has to eat first and suffer the consequences.

We were gone about an hour and a half. When I left it was cruising around 260. When I returned it was at 98.... I lit her it back up without airing it out and got blown back about two feet. No eyelashes or arm hair left. Lucky it wasn't worse. That's what tequila does to ya though I guess. Took a taste. Didn't taste like gas. Time will tell I suppose.

It was a only bad enough for a good laugh. Ribs are resting. They look great. Just hope they don't taste like gas.

I'd honestly toss em, if they marinated in propane for any length of time. Or at the very least feed em to someone that's not ur friend

I don't know. Seems like you used all your luck up by not getting any real injuries from the propane bomb you detonated.:shock:

Stomachs still feeling fine. Tick tock tick tick. No propane taste. I was suprised

Back