Food Truck drove through my Yard

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Food Truck specialty Brats
We got a food truck that shows up in my back yard from time to time and he has some Brats you can’t get anywhere else.

This dude shot his own pig and has a local butcher make a special Brat you can’t buy at any store

View attachment 109209

He seasons with the basic S&P and a dried jalapeno seasoning

View attachment 109210

On to a grill with charcoal and cherry wood – start out slowly to get the meat all happy and such - This Dude has a Weber on his truck!

View attachment 109211

He uses a “hot Tub” method he learned from a famous tailgater. You may have heard of him….Goes by Bluesman!
This tub as minced garlic, onions, and butter that was stored in his smoke house during the winter to absorb slight smokiness. Beer will be added to the tub later when these guys are happy

View attachment 109212

OK the hot tub is ready, now it is time to put a little sear on these Brats

View attachment 109213

Sear over the coals and Cherry wood

View attachment 109214

Time to jump in the Hot tub to finish up and soak in all that goodness

View attachment 109215

Can’t be a specialty Brat without some Grilled bacon

View attachment 109216

And some lightly smoked porcini mushroom cheese

View attachment 109217

The Bun must but ever so lightly toasted – Everyone in the Tub looks happy as can be!

View attachment 109218

Bun prep is a slight amount of mayo with the Bacon and Cheese

View attachment 109219

Add the Brat, Onions from the tub, and the Yellow dog magic we call Mustard! Boxed up with same Garlic chips

View attachment 109220

This is how this Dude serves a Brat when he cruises through my back yard

View attachment 109221

The taste test is an absolute “Outstanding” You would swear that this truck drove all the way from Wisconsin!

View attachment 109222

Good to the Last Bite!

View attachment 109223

Thanks For Lookin
SD

Last edited:
Man, that's a meaty lookin' Brat. Im used to beer and onion boiling first then grilling but your results look amazing.

You got me way hungry with that! I had to go to the store to get some groceries but now i have to cook brats before i go...lol

Looks awesome! How long do the soak in the hot tub?

Thats the beauty, you can do as little or as long as you like. I would go at least 15 minutes. don't want it boiling just hot.

I have had them that were soaking a few hours and they were very good

Very nice! Ive done it both ways and either method is outstanding! If you know you are serving a bunch of people at once Hot Tub and sear, if its going to be a long party its so easy to let them hang out in the hot tub (Ive used a Crockpot on low) and everyone gets a nice hot juicy brat! Cool truck and awesome that he has custom brats.

No pic of the truck :mad: I need to know what it looks like so I can run after it like a kid behind an ice cream truck. That is some good looking eats :thumb:

I wish that truck drove into my hood! That is better than any street meat I've ever had! Yuuuuummm

Someone drives through my yard and they will probably get shot at! But those brats look bada$$ dude!

Back