At what price would you buy a Thermapen?

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know I'm not the only Brethren who balks at pulling the trigger during a $74 open box sale, let alone paying the full $96.

Would you buy at $69?...$62.50?...$59?...????

I dont think id spend much more than $35 for one.......... its a good think i got mine as a gift.

My experience with my Thermowand I bought for around $25 has been excellent. It may not be quite as fast (but within a second) as the Thermopen, but the accuracy is right there with it. It is durable and easy to read, and the size/length is sufficient for my uses.

So, to answer your original question, it would have to be around the same price range as it is just a tool to help me cook, and is not an absolute necessity like a smoker or grill or fuel for them.

Omar

Paid full nut and got a free super fast fever thermometer

Check out the RT600C from thermoworks. Its what I use. Thermoworks quality, accuracy, and still quick to pull a temp reading, albeit half a second slower than a thermopen. (Maybe, never actually used one so can't compare!) What sold me on the RT600 you ask?? The water resistant and splash proof build, the whole unit can go dishwasher top shelf no problem. Oh, and the $19 Amazon price tag to boot!! :grin:

How much would I pay for a thermopen?? No more than $20.

I got mine for Christmas I wouldn't pay more than the price of a thermopop. not sure why but I kind of like the thermopop better.

My experience with my Thermowand I bought for around $25 has been excellent. It may not be quite as fast (but within a second) as the Thermopen, but the accuracy is right there with it. It is durable and easy to read, and the size/length is sufficient for my uses.

So, to answer your original question, it would have to be around the same price range as it is just a tool to help me cook, and is not an absolute necessity like a smoker or grill or fuel for them.

Omar

+1 for the Thermowand. I've had mine for awhile now and use it all the time. This last weekend I used it to spot check temps on oil while I was frying some stuff.

Love my Thermapen but added the Thermowand to my Amazon wish list.

Back