• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New grill cart i made

Zak

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
af66706e-3e9c-4172-9551-dd66910a6173_zps52944bd6.jpg

So after thinking about this for a while now i finally decided i needed to make an "all in one" cart for my grill so that it makes my life just a little easier so this i the finished product. I was sick of having to drag everything i needed out of the garage to light the charcoal and have the things like the rotisserie ring and pizza oven take up space else where in the garage so i figured if i could put it all in one place, i'd have more storage space. I happen to come across a custom grill cart on the TVWB that was exactly what i wanted so i made my own. It wasn't feasible to make it out of wood so used angle iron and expanded metal. It helped i had some 2"x1/4" angle kicking around for the vertical pieces so all i needed was the 1.5"x1/8" and expanded metal for the horizontal pieces. I happened to find the side burner in the dump a couple weeks ago while i was dropping off some scrap metal so that was free and i had to buy the casters. Only took a couple days to slap it together and a week or so to paint it. Now i can just roll the cart out of the garage with everything i need in one place. The only down side is the space it takes up but it's worth not having to drag stuff out to light the charcoal and drag it right back.

There has got to be a market for these! Talented guys with some free time could knock 'em out in a week or so and dozens of legless Webers could be reborn as a suedo-Performers.

SS

Well done. A place for everything and everything in its place.

I like it! Are you gonna add any bracing for rigidity?

You can't see it in the pic, yeah sorry crappy cell phone pic, but on the bottom shelf i ran a piece of 1" angle across the center, right under the charcoal since i was concerned the expanded metal wouldnt hold the weight over time. I also ran 2 pieces of 1.5" angle on the top shelf, one right next to the grill and another next to the side burner for added strength. It's very rigid now and dont feel like i need any other supports.

Hmmm

Just thinking here but how about an upgraded model.... How about adding a bottle opener, cup/beer holders, hook for tongs, place for a LED night light, gotta have some tunes too...

Sorry, I always over think things and seldom finish a thing. Great job guy. Don't listen to me

Back