Ribeye Score at Albertson's!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
For two reasons. They have a habit of putting out mislabeled and priced meat. I've bought T-bones and Ribeyes that were marked, priced and labeled as stew meat or even at chuck steak price. I guess they don't keep track of the stuff as it runs through the wrapping and pricing machine.
BUT, they also have this little section at the VEEEERRRRRRYYY end of the meat counter where they put marked down stuff that needs to sell as the sell date has arrived or is about to arrive.
Got these three 1/2 pound ribbies for less than $3 each, and found a monster about 1.5" thick ribeye with a $3 off sticker on it. Got that one for a little under $12.00. Got em all for $20 and some change. The trick is to go by in the evening when the late shift pulls the stuff that has a sell date of the next day and they mark the stuff off. I think we are having steak this weekend!:becky: Sell date is tomorrow. I guess we're good since we are EATING em tomorrow! Choice grade too.
cheapmeat003_zps439cdb83.jpg

cheapmeat002_zps777b731b.jpg

cheapmeat001_zpsc5d61198.jpg

The smaller ribeyes are the ones they sell unwrapped in the glass case. They pull em from there and then wrap em and sell em. If I was an employee there, I'd be buyin em up and bringing em home with me. Glad they didn't though.
There probably isn't much savings in the thicker one. It's the same grade as the others, just thicker, but priced higher. But with the 3 bucks off, not too bad. Plus, there are four of us........I had to get a steak for me.
I find it odd that Albertson's plays around with their pricing A LOT! They always have BOGO Free deals on meat. Sometimes BOG TWO free. People go crazy and buy em up. BUT, they never look at the price per pound. They double or almost triple the price per pound so you end up paying about the market or going rate for that cut anyways when you split the cost over the one or two that people think they got for free.

But, on deals like this. I'll take it!

My wife laughed......we went in to get milk and bread.............came out with steak too! She also laughed cause she knows I always get scores there. Even she was like WTF! $3!!! Do they have anymore???
Tomorrow night's dinner jumped into our shoppin cart! :-D

Tomorrow night's dinner jumped into our shoppin cart! :-D

Man, can I relate to that! I've stumbled onto some USDA Choice and even Prime beef that was on sale in a big way that there was no way I was leaving the store without it.

Now let's see what you do with those...

You're right about Albertson's, Bob. They'll price pork chops at $2.99 a pound and right next to them have a "buy one get 2 free deal for $8.97 a pound. And they've been doing that.

I get a chuckle when they have their loin back ribs, buy 1 get two free at 15.99 per pound. I see people filling their cart, sadly it was Tyson "Simply Tender" enhanced meat. It's good for people who don't know the difference and may be bad at math and may only focus on the "FREE".

Back