***ROLL CALL*** Northport L.I. BBQ Brethren Salute to our Troops and Veterans

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
BBQ Brethren to cook a BBQ lunch to Thank our troops for there service and sacrifice.

The head count is 1000-1200 Veterans, the date is August 24th at the Northport VA Hospital. All meats, rubs, sauces are supplied by Suffolk county Police Department and Main street meats. We need LARGE Cookers and lots of hands.

Menu: Briskets, Butts(or loins), chicken, ribs, sausage, burgers, dogs and dessert.

Arrival is Friday afternoon to start prepping. Serving starts noon Saturday.

Roll call so far... taken from other thread. If you cant make it let me know.
Confirmed in bold.

Me - Big Double lang 84 and FE
Gotham City Grillers
-Pit
Blazin Buttz - 2 FE
Mr Dirt BBQ - Big Pit
Westex
Grim Reaper - Lang 84 / Grill
Tbone and the riblets (?? from Iowa ??)
Scotty Springs
Bmonkman
Semper Que BBQ
Grill Scouts and Santa - FE
Buenos Diaz - Grill

obviously we need alot of pit space.. if you have a big pit, and can make it..chime on in!

The Grill Scouts will be there w/ Santa.

How many non-cooks do you need?

Eric

will be talking to SCPD tomorrow about # of volunteers and will then have an idea.

Grim Reaper Smokers, all present and accounted for- SIR!

gonna need some big pits.. as of now its the double lang, 3 FE's, and porkmasters beast along with Mr dirts super tank.. Need a couple more.

I'm in.
I likely can get some Boy Scouts to come help Saturday as well if needed.

Mike from Buenos Diaz said that he'll be coming. He'll bring his grill and some other cookers.

How many 'regular people' volunteers are needed?

Eric

aside from all the cooks and pit folks. 10-15 volunteers needed as runners and to help keep things organized

Big Poppa has generously donated 50 lbs of money and Sweet Money rubs to the event! Thanks Big Poppa! We still need some large pits if anyone can bring one down.

I really want to help out, and i've got the pit space, problem is i've got to be out of there by 8am, i've got an engagement party at noon, that if i'm late to, the lady will have my nard's mounted on maple. let me know what i can do

I really want to help out, and i've got the pit space, problem is i've got to be out of there by 8am, i've got an engagement party at noon, that if i'm late to, the lady will have my nard's mounted on maple. let me know what i can do

Is it YOUR engagement party?

If not, then don't worry about it. :thumb:

If so, then don't worry about. You'll thank us later. :thumb:

Would love to be able to help, but being in IL is a little far lol. You guys gave me a great idea, I am a member of the American Legion, going to take the idea to the next meeting. Might even try to start doing a monthly burn to help fund the vet programs we are trying to start.

Tears in my eyes, not sure if its from the smoke or the thoughtfullness of the Brethren. :grouphug:

I just got off the phone with Jeremy of Out of the Ashes.

I will have his Lang and 6' grill for this - confirmed.

i spoke to Thor from L.I. firewood and they will donate the wood for the stickburners if we need it.. I have to go pick it up in Riverhead though. :clap2:

Back