**Sous Vide "Wubba wubba" Meathead approved Brisket tutorial**

Saw it last night, looks interesting. Those guys are pretty spot on with a lot if cooking techniques. I recently tried their 90 min dill pickle recipe and was impressed. We'll see how the rest of the bretheren see this.

Yeah, I saw it too. I will try it, if just for the learning experience.

It's not BBQ, but, it sure looks good. More of a pot roast with an oven finish, rather classical technique that has been used on smaller meats for a long time.

It's not BBQ, but, it sure looks good. More of a pot roast with an oven finish, rather classical technique that has been used on smaller meats for a long time.

Quote stolen from the Chef Step BBQ pages:

"they might just think we're a bunch of heretics. But our barbecue religion isn't about tradition; it's about taste. We suggest you try it yourself, ideally on a bun and heaped with some of our Creamy Coleslaw."

GAAAAH! Creamy colesslaw creamy coleslaw GAAAAAAAH!

I don't disagree with the techniques, or even the thinking. But, BBQ is BBQ, the words mean something. I am certain that the end product tastes great. Just, not BBQ.

I will note, I just made some fabulous chopped pork, and never left my kitchen. It was cooked sous vide, then pan seared and chopped, the pork was tender, moist, flavorful, if I wanted to, I could easily sell it as sandwiches, and think they would be amongst the best in the area. But, I would not call it BBQ.

Back