Pickled Pig Style Chicken Pron

campdude

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The chicken turned out fantastic. Had a little trouble getting up to 300 degrees fast enough. Pics of it coming of the grill, dipped in sauce, the table, a plate, and a clean bite. It was well worth all the prep. Looking forward to doing it again.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Looks good. IS this the recipe that sat in a vinegar mayo solution for a couple of days?
I may have ya confused with another poster. Sorry If I do.:confused:

what is in the middle of the plate?
It all looks good to me!
Did you remove the bone from the thigh?

what is in the middle of the plate?
It all looks good to me!
Did you remove the bone from the thigh?
That's a piece of jalpeno bread that my wife picked up at the bakery.
Yes I deboned and trimmed, scraped the skin, put back together, and cooked.

hi i've been using this method too! i pack each thigh in a mini loaf pan to keep uniform shape during the braising process. also, use an ice cream scooper with a flat edge to scrape the fat rather than a razor.

hi i've been using this method too! i pack each thigh in a mini loaf pan to keep uniform shape during the braising process.
I've seen the "cupcake method" on TV. These held together very nicely during braising. I had them prepped an put them back in the frige for about an hour while I prepped the rest of the meal and made fire (had a beer too!). I think this step helped them firm up a bit.

Hey Campdude, did you scrape the skins the way Paul does? I tried it once and it was such a huge pain I didn't think it made that much of a difference to warrant the extra work.

What are your thoughts?

Hey Campdude, did you scrape the skins the way Paul does? I tried it once and it was such a huge pain I didn't think it made that much of a difference to warrant the extra work.

What are your thoughts?
I scraped the skins with a 7 inch chef knife. It was a huge pain. I held the edge of the skin with a paper towel so I could grip it. I got about 2 cups of fat off the skins of 16 thighs. I think it was worth it. It took about 2 hours of prep start to finish to take the skin off, de-bone, trim the meat, scrape the skin, season, and put back together. Not an everyday type of prep but very a tastey and tender finished product.

Back