I cant get Hatch peppers but I can get poblano

Yes. Since hatches only come around here once a year, I use poblanos all the time.

Ralph
Nope.
Big green shiny fresh ones.We buy a half kilo a Fortnight

Thanks Mikhail, I only saw these Poblano ones this week,'
On the same shelf as Tomatilos( spelling)
Seems our markets are expanding into other tastes

That has to be a good thing!

I was at the market yesterday and bought smoked basmati rice. Thinking about smoking up some shrimp, sausage and chicken to make a smoked paella.

I'm an easy mark for interesting new food stuff at the store.

That has to be a good thing!

I was at the market yesterday and bought smoked basmati rice. Thinking about smoking up some shrimp, sausage and chicken to make a smoked paella.

I'm an easy mark for interesting new food stuff at the store.
Persian Rice.
Google Persian Recipes and prepare to be blown away.
Goes great with lamb:becky:

When I make chili, I try to use a variety of peppers, both mild & hot. Poblano, Anaheim, banana peppers, jalapenos, habaneros, cubanelles, etc.

If you have access to Anaheim peppers, they will be closer to "Hatch" peppers than poblanos.

"Hatch" chiles actually come in different varieties, it's just that they must be grown in the Hatch region of New Mexico to bear that name. You will read people saying they bought x number of pounds of mile and x number of pounds of hot - those are actually different varieties of green chile.

Poblano peppers will work fine for chili, I also use a variety of peppers. Poblanos, Anaheims, Jalapeños and chile de Arbol are my favorites

I like using poblanos in chili. Very fruity and flavorful. I like using them with serranos - if you are able to find. I think this combo has a great full-mouth heat and lots of flavor.

Tomatillo's are tart and slightly starchy, similar to a green tomato, hence the name. Along with the green chile's, you can probably make a decent chile verde. Simmer cubes of pork in there, and you've got something good.

Poblano's make great chile relleno's.

I love poblanos in chili. I seeded a one of my hatch peppers. I would be happy to mail you some if you want to try growing them.

FWIS said -
Forget the chili give me different version of stuffed poblanos all day long!
My Problem: I have a whole bunch of Poblanos and have no great recipe.
How about it??? Thanks.

Back